“EXCELLENT FOOD-Wonderful Family Restaurant”

The Lobster Trap Fish Market and Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 85 Restaurants in Bourne
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Description: Lobster Trap was founded in 1969 as a neighborhood fish market on the Back River in Bourne. Over time, we have evolved to include a restaurant, catering, and a distribution company which services restaurants and markets world wide. Times change, but our mission has remained the same. We are committed to providing guests with the best possible products we can source, prepared with care and served with pride. After all, this isn't just a job for us, its a way of life. Now eat, drink, enjoy!
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Perfect place to come to right off the beach. Large varied menu of seafood and the standards for children, hamburgers grilled cheese. The scallops are the best anywhere. Chowders, Salads, Very popular, so come early or late. Valet parking a great addition, since the lot is small and more people are finding this genuinely fresh seafood restaurant.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

We recently visited this restaurant after a friend suggested it. We were headed to Martha's Vineyard and this place was on the way. We stopped by for dinner and it was the worse decision I have made in a long time. First the setup of the restaurant. It is extremely low key, laid back and very loud. There is outside seating as well as inside seating. One can choose to be 'served' by a waitstaff person or order on your own and go to an assigned seat. We chose the latter option because we were tired of waiting.

I ordered lobster, my mom and daughter ordered fish and chips. I was told the lobster was 'the best.' After waiting for our number to be called we got our food and sat down at our assigned table. My lobster was so tough and rubbery and tasted like it had absolutely no flavor at all. I have had frozen lobster better than this. I spoke with a waitress after taking a few bites and told her. She said "oh, I don't know" , shrugged her shoulders and walked away (you must realize that if you chose the 'serve yourself' option- you do not have a waitress 'assigned' to you). I realize that she was not our waitress but she should have suggested another meal or gotten someone who 'cared.' I was very taken back by her 'oh well' attitude.

My daughter, after finding several small /sharp bones in her fish, told someone at the window where you pick the food up. (the fish also had absolutely no taste at all.. even the batter tasted bland and just plain miserable). She was told she could have another serving but chose not to as I decided to give up on my meal and my mom was finished eating. The food was honestly the worse seafood I have ever tasted. We left, being very disappointed.

The only saving grace of this evening was a young man who seemed to be a manager or asst manager of some sort. As we were leaving he thanked us for coming in and said he hoped to see us again. I told him quite frankly that he wouldn't and that the seafood was the worse I have ever tasted. He asked why and I explained our poor experience with the staff and the food itself. He apologized and said 'the fish has no taste because it is fresh and there should not be bones in it. The lobster must have been overdone.' He refunded our 2 meals, which I greatly appreciated and in no way expected. So, because of his kindness I will mention it but if you want good seafood and don't look forward to a similar experience to what I had, you may want to avoid this place. Again, bottom line?? VERY disappointing

Reviewed June 25, 2012

The Lobster Trap Restaurant has fresh seafood that they get from the Fish Market located on one end of the building. This place gets crowded, best to wait until after 7:30 to avoid the wait. The parking lot is small so they started valet parking this year. It really works well and the young men that do the parking are all great. After parking the next step is to put your name in, you are told when a table should be ready. Once your name is called you place your order with one of the friendly young ladies behind the counter. When your food is ready they call your number and you pick it up. They also have a bar at one end of the building, you need to go to the bar for a drink, during peak time the bar is lined up 4-5 people deep. The staff works hard but it is slow and sometimes you go unnoticed so be aggressive. There are also a few tables in the bar area that are waited on for food and drink. They are expanding outdoor seating along the inlet and this will help but when it rains like it did when we were there you don't want to be outside. The main dining area is open with long tables so you may end up sharing the table, but there are also smaller tables that you don't share. In any event sharing the table is not a problem. The only negative about the main dining room during peak time is the NOISE. It gets pretty loud when everybody is talking. So in the end if you want a truly great experience wait until the peak dining crowd is gone. Kids love The Trap.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

I had another great meal at the Lonster Trap, lobster roll, and the new seating areas are very nice but they have added valet parking and might I say, it is a cluster....cars stopped on the street, 15 minutes for my car and a staff that looked very confused. I hope this gets straightened out or they abolish the idea.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

This is a GREAT place to eat seafood and have a casual wonderful fun meal.
They have a new bar at the end of the restaurant, an outdoor patio and a huge restaurant to choose from. All the seafood is fresh and they have quite a large variety of choices.