“Best restaurant in Bolton”
Review of The Fireplace Room

The Fireplace Room
Ranked #4 of 9 Restaurants in Bolton
Cuisines: American, French, Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Fireplace Room is a regionally-acclaimed restaurant from Chef Anthony Ambrose serving both adventurous and comfort cuisine. Situated at the base of the Nashoba Valley, The Fireplace Room offers unrivaled panoramas of The International's two award-winning golf courses and extraordinary sunsets from the restaurants' walls of windows. The menu offers casual dining options for those looking to enjoy a relaxing lunch after golf, as well as refined options for visitors escaping to The Fireplace Room for a quiet evening out or those staying at the 52-guestroom lodge for the weekend. The Fireplace Room at The International is open to the public for lunch and dinner, Tuesday through Sunday. We are closed on Mondays.
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We have visited this restaurant about 5 times in the last year. Love the food, always scrumptiously yummy! Had most of the small plates, our favorite was the fried olives. The butternut squash soup is one of the best we had, We've never had a bad meal. Sometime we are surprised that the restaurant is closed for various functions.

1  Thank Anajap

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Went with a group for a Sunday luncheon. The room was deserted, except for us. Beautiful atmosphere, gorgeous views of the golf course and foliage, and a wood burning fire in the fireplace in the lounge area. The waitress was friendly, but the service was oh-so slow. The food was good, but the sweet potato fries came out COVERED in salt. UGH. Why would any restaurant do that these days? I should have sent them back, but it took so long to get the order in the first place, I didn't want to go down that path. I ordered apple/cranberry crisp for dessert and asked for vanilla ice cream on it. They must have used a melon baller to scoop it - it was the size of a nickel - I mean it. What's a warm crisp without ice cream? I mean, really??? Another dime's worth the ice cream would have been nice. I had the lobster roll - $24. It was just so-so - way too much mayonnaise and runny. Menu said the lobster was fresh, but it tasted canned/frozen. I would go back for another try - perhaps another lunch or dinner. Would like to sit by the fire and have a glass of wine in the lounge. Very pretty bar area. Personnel was friendly. Manager asked us to come back again.

1  Thank RMARYL
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

went on Saturday night with my husband. We had reservations but not sure it was needed. There was a being large party and our drink order was delayed, but waitress was apologetic and gave me an extra pour. atmosphere is nice. tables overlook pristine golf course. .. but we felt a bit like Rodney Danherfiekd at Bushmill. otherwise the food was spectacular. creative, fresh, flavorful. We will definitely be back. Maybe I'll dust off my Navy Blazer with the gold buttons and Lacoste gabardine pants next time.

1  Thank CaptCheeseSticks
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My daughter and I went here with a Groupon. We had a lovely, friendly hostess who seated us near the fireplace until a table was ready. The dining room room is lovely with candles on the tables, tablecloths, low lighting.. The wait staff were very good. The Groupon came with two of their signature pizzas and a shared salad. We had the Caesar salad which was excellent. Great rolls and bread..One of our pizzas was Margherita I believe with prosciutto. When we both found it to be very salty ( and I like salt) we assumed it was the prosciutto. However the second one was a white pizza with spinach and it was just as salty as the other one. Both were almost inedible. I would come here again and give it another try based on other excellent reviews and what we really liked about our experience and will just chalk this visit up to a chef who was overly aggressive with the salt .If it was not the salt shaker then it had to be the cheeses that were so salty. Either way, not good.

1  Thank Andrea C
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This restaraunt is hidden on a golf course. Its pretty classy and they have live music to add to the atmosphere. Its a pretty nice date night. The pizza is the thin crust, but soooo delicious. Don't mistake this restaraunt for a pizza house, their menu has plenty of PRICY items to choose from, as well as affordable meals too. The fireplace room was a welcome suprise. The mostly do reservations, but a passer by can stop in and not wait too terribly long for a seat.

Best to dress for the occasion. don't wear a teeshirt and crappy beat up jeans. You will stick out like a sore thumb. Most people dressed casual to nice. Collar shirts, nice jeans, etc. Saturdays and sundays, Jeans aren't allowed unless at the bar. We didn't know that. But fyi.

Over all, the service was extremely nice. Felt like being at a resort. Food was delicious, atmosphere and live jazzy music was pretty awesome. Would definitely go again for date night.

2  Thank Bob B