“The best short vacation ever!”
Review of Baird Tavern

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Blandford
Baird Tavern
Ranked #1 of 1 Blandford B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 16, 2012

My husband and I decided to take a weekend vacation in western MA. And we found this absolute treasure. We found ourselves in a different, simpler, uncluttered world of the BairdTavern. Carolyn provides warmth, welcome and wisdom,man's delicious home made apple butter with a sumptuous breakfast. I loved sitting in the kitchen and watching birds visit; the weather was old and icy, but warm and comfortable. Inside. I spent time knitting, spinning on my drop spindle, and talking about everything. Baird Tavern is situated along a main route to places in Lee, Stockbridge, and a host of treats in western MA. We left feeling like we had found the place for us to return. We also left feeling restored, enriched through the experience of touching history. This was our birthday weekend, and our present was discovering and enjoying Baird Tavern.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Baird7, Owner at Baird Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2012

Thank you for your words of praise for your stay at the Baird Tavern B&B ! I hope you will find many other occasions to celebrate on return visits......

Reviewed February 15, 2012

The Baird Tavern is the perfect combination of preserved elegance and modern comforts. We fell in love with the Tavern the moment we unhooked the antique latch door and first set our eyes on the beautiful wide plank wood floors, original fireplace and period details in the oh so cozy living room. Carolyn, the proprietor, greeted us with warm, homemade, oatmeal cookies clearly made with love and care. We felt and saw these qualities throughout our stay. The Tavern is impeccably clean with the most comfortable beds I have ever experienced. We returned for our second visit a mere 5 weeks later and will be going again soon. I'm already trying to decide what to have for breakfast (delicious omelette or fluffy, folded blueberry pancakes). The Tavern is a worthy destination in and of itself, being centrally located in the Berkshires is just the icing on an already delicious cake.

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful. The Ashley room is spacious and private. The Bartholomew room is co...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for those glowing words of appreciation for the Baird Tavern B&B! I look forward to the pleasure of your company again soon.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

This B&B has the rare and palpable feel of a very old home in which every inch of wood, stone and earth has been lovingly cared for and honored in it's original state for generations. I found it warm, immaculate and steeped in authenticity. The amenities are simple but excellent, the Innkeeper a terrific and accommodating cook, the location utterly peaceful and lovely. If there are other guests you may hear them, but the house and furnishings are so special to anyone with a love of early American culture that a creaky floorboard or a voice from the kitchen soon
becomes quite insignifigant. I really felt as if I had gone back in time in the nicest way, and left feeling energized, relaxed and anticipating my next visit.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 30, 2012

A beautiful 18th century B&B located in the heart of Berkshires. My wife and I have returned many times during our frequent trips to New England. My favorite activity while at the Baird Tavern is to sit in the large kitchen by the wood stove reading, enjoying conversation, and playing cards in the evening. And of course, enjoying the wonderful blueberry pancakes prepared by Carolyn at breakfast time.
If you are traveling through the area, I highly recommend that you stay at this B&B. You will want to come back again.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

My girlfriend and I visited here for a quiet day to ourselves and we thoroughly regret that we could only stay for one night. Our room was spacious, bright, and clean, with a comfy bed and access to a private bathroom (also spacious). The house itself is beautiful, with antique wood floors, large stone fireplaces, and comfortable furnishings. Carolyn was a friendly, accommodating host, going out of her way to make sure we had everything we could want and more. Breakfast was delicious--the best pancakes we've ever had! Overall we would definitely recommend the Baird Tavern to anyone who is thinking of staying in the area. You won't regret it!

• Stayed: January 2012
Baird7, Owner at Baird Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2012

Thank you for these high words of praise for the Baird Tavern B&B. I look forward to many repeat visits and to your delightful company!

Reviewed January 7, 2012

cozy woodstove, fires in the huge walk in fireplace down comforters. Birds at the feeders. Classical music in the mornings. Great breakfasts, wonderful innkeeper. Ahh, perfect!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 24, 2011

Baird Tavern is a place we have returned to over and over during our nine years of marriage. The three biggest draws are the charming building itself, Carolyn (the innkeeper), and her delicious breakfasts. The tavern still has an 18th Century feel, with mellow colors on its plaster walls and heavy wood beams and its fireplaces so large you could almost hold a cocktail party in them. She keeps it simply decorated, which contributes to the restful feel of the place. It is located on the old Boston Post Road, so the wagon wheel ruts from more than a century ago still run from the property into the woods, making a nice hiking trail through now reforested farmland. The kitchen has a woodstove to warm the fall, winter and spring mornings, and this is where Carolyn serves her delicious blueberry pancakes with (of course) real maple syrup or, my favorite, the Greek-style yogurt drizzled with honey and sprinkled with almonds. There are many birds on view at the feeder outside the kitchen window and in the orchard and garden outside. We love hanging out and chatting with Carolyn, and, on request, she has prepared amazing dinners for us. But we also use the inn as a jumping-off point to visit Great Barrington, Northampton, Lenox, Lee, and the Miniature Theatre of Chester. Someday, I'd like to organize a weekend retreat there with my women friends. Our children have been made welcome there (she has a collection of vintage Steiff animals, as well beautiful toys they may play with), which is more than we can say for most other inns we used to visit. We grownups like it best as a getaway for ourselves, though. Very romantic!

Room Tip: We've stayed in all three upstairs rooms. The family bedroom worked great with our two children...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Baird7, Owner at Baird Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2011

Thank you Sarah for a lovely review that is evidence of your deep love and appreciation of the Baird Tavern B&B. I look forward to the honor of many more visits and to sharing the warmth of the inn with you!

Carolyn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blandford
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Westfield
#2 of 4 in Westfield
Inn at Stockbridge
Inn at Stockbridge
#2 of 8 in Stockbridge

Been to Baird Tavern? Share your experiences!