“Great Business Traveling Experience”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston - Billerica
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Billerica
Reviewed February 2, 2011

I booked a 1 bedroom suite for 6 nights while there on business. My stay was extremely comfortable and enjoyable. Every staff member I encountered was warm and friendly. I found my suite and the hotel in general to be spotless. The fitness room is on the small side, but held ample equipment. I also enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub (again, very clean). There is a very nice breakfast buffet in the morning, and light meal (including wine and beer) served between 5-7 pm, Mon.-Thur. I really appreciated this, because I didn't have to eat by myself in a restaurant or do takeout. The location is great for commuting to businesses located on Middlesex Turnpike, and close to the Burlington Mall, but about 20 minutes from downtown Boston.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank guiqueen

Reviewed November 16, 2010

I've stayed at this hotel a few times when traveling for business in the Bedford, MA area. The great room off the lobby is very cozy and homey. They serve a nice breakfast each morning and small meal with drinks in the evening. The fitness center is small but has everything you need for a workout away from home - treadmills, elliptical, free weights, medicine balls, mats, etc. The sleeping rooms are spacious with the kitchen and living room. The bed is super comfortable.

There's not much walking distance from the hotel so I usually rent a car. You can walk to one restaurant, Pedros, which is good but if you're there for a few nights you'll probably end up heading to the mall area a few miles away for dinner or activities. There aren't too many walking trails outside the hotel but you can walk around some of the office parks across the street. The hotel faces the woods and provides a quiet setting.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2010

- Hotel is neat & clean
- Small kitchen
- Internet speed is too bad
- Internat access is through cable, and modem with only one port, two person can't access internet simultaneously, but they promised to replace it with wi-fi next month.
- Good shuttle service to nearby places

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2010

We needed a hotel to stay in with our teenage sons for a wedding that was being held at a hotel in Burlington, Mass. Although we could have conveniently stayed at that same hotel, we would have had just one room with 2 beds. For most of our traveling life with our sons, we have tried to stay in suite hotels or rent vacation apartments.. Thus, we used Trip Advisor to find a nearby hotel that would give us the suite option. The Homewood Suites, although a little farther away than another suite hotel, appealed to us because it was about $20 cheaper per night and it was rated almost as high as the other hotel. We have stayed in other Homewoods over the years. This one was an exact replica of all the others, which in and of itself, is not a bad thing. One noteworthy thing was that the bed that my husband and I slept on was very comfortable, more so than I usually find in a chain hotel. The only negative comment that I have to report is that on the second morning that we were there (Sunday), the hotel could not keep up with the demand for breakfast food. It was fully occupied from Saturday night and toward the end of the breakfast period, between 9:30 and 10:00, the hotel ran out of most of the breakfast offerings. It didn't matter that much to us, since we were invited to a brunch at the home of a member of the wedding party, but I am sure that other guests found it somewhat frustrating. Also, the location was somewhat out of the way and I do not think it was that convenient a location for somebody who was visiting Boston as a tourist.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2010

It was our second stay in this hotel, last one was in May 2010. Two times, two great experiences. We travel with two kids, 10 and 11 years old. The suites are large, we like the separate bedroom and the appliances, it is very practical. There is an indoor pool to enjoy it all year long or when it's cool or rainy. They offer a complete breakfast, again this is very practical with young children. The staff is fantastic, always ready to help us. They really look to enjoy our business. The situation is OK, in the far suburb of Boston. We 100% recommend the place to everyone, especially for the families.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2010

The staff seemed to be a closely knit family and treated you as though you were a part of their family. They provided a hot something for everyone breakfast, a variety daily dinner that included salad, vegetables, main course and wine and beer. The location was secluded and quiet and the parking was free, that means a lot in the Boston area. Flexible check in if room is available. Outstanding !!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this Homewood Suites location over Memorial Day weekend for three nights while driving up to see some friends in Boston. We got a great rate ($80/nt, booked direct on hilton.com, a $50 pet charge for the stay for our dog) and felt that we got a great value!

We got in late on Friday night, but check in was hassle-free. We were in an end unit (238) The set up of the living room was great...kitchenette (fast, efficient ice maker in the freezer, clean dishes in the dishwasher), cozy couch area for watching TV. There is free high speed internet...just connect the ethernet cable. We were given a handicap accessible room (the only type of non-smoking available when I booked) so my bathroom was huge! We had two double beds and a TV in the bedroom. Everything we needed worked. If I were to make any sort of complaint, it'd be that the TVs are not flat panel (but who cares, right?!).

We had breakfast twice out of three mornings there. There was always plenty of selection...three hot options (scrambled eggs, sausage links, and pancakes one day; scrambled eggs, sausage patties, and biscuits and gravy the other) along with fruit salad, yogurt, bagels/toast, donuts/pastries, and cereals (both cold cereal and oatmeal). There was always someone refreshing the food supply and one of the managers was even nice enough to go fill my water bottle for me! We were there on the weekends, so there was no manager's reception (light dinner) for us, but I even saw the beer taps for that purpose!

Location-wise, we were about 25 minutes west of Boston proper (we drove into the south end of Boston...nice cute neighborhood!) About 10 minutes away is a huge shopping mall, as well as a Barnes and Noble and other chain restaurants. Because our friends both lived west of Boston as well, this location was convenient for our purposes.

I would definitely consider staying here for my next Boston stay!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Billerica
Hampton Inn Boston Bedford Burlington
DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen
Candlewood Suites Boston-Burlington
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Woburn
Sonesta ES Suites Burlington
3 mi away
Courtyard Boston Billerica/Bedford

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston - Billerica? Share your experiences!