“Hard to find, but worth it!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston - Billerica
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Billerica
California
“Hard to find, but worth it!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I hadn't been in this are for several years. The streets are torn up, closed, and the restaurant was hard to find. The staff were welcoming and efficient. They upgraded me to a 2 bedroom suite, far more than I needed. I had a long night of 'home work' with my laptop, so went downstairs to get some tea. I found a perfectly serviceable meal waiting for me: chicken, rice, and green beans. Nothing great, but it saved me the time of going out. Breakfast was adequate buffet fare, nothing great. They could use some decent teas. Room was large, clean, and comfortable. I was able to take my food to my room and work.

Room Tip: stay away from the pool and lobby
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kerrie S, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston - Billerica, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I would like to let you know that we do have different types of tea that we provide to our guest at our complimentary coffee station now. I also would like to let you know that the construction on Middlesex Turnpike is now completed and it is open to 2 way traffic.
Again, thank you very much for your comments.
We are looking forward to seeing you again in the future,

Arzu LeBlanc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bucks County, PA
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This Homewood Suites was typical of others in which we have stayed. It was very clean and well maintained. The breakfast was not particularly good however and it was very very hard to find. When we were there, construction on the adjoining road made the entrance into the hotel very difficult to find. The signage at the entrance to the hotel is also very poor, further making it hard to locate. Outside of getting there, we were satisfied with the accommodations. However, if you are booking here, make sure you get explicit directions from the front desk before you go.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment on Tripadvisor.com. We appreciate yourfeedback. As you have mentioned, it is not easy to locate our hotel if it is your first time here.
We are working on improving the signage and we also send emails to our arriving guest with clear directions on how to get to our hotel. Our front desk team is also more than happy to give you directions on the phone.

Again, Thank you for your feddback. We hope to see you agian soon.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I came with my girlfriend for a career forum and decided to stay at this Homewood Suites for three nights. As the other reviewers have mentioned, the hotel was difficult to find due to the heavy construction on the Turnpike so a GPS may not help you. The lady at the front desk was helpful in getting us there.

The suite size is huge in terms of square footage. As college students, we needed a kitchenette to make cheap meals (which, if you're curious, was pasta for four meals straight) and the hotel was gracious enough to provide all sorts of silverware, utensils, plates, pots, pans, and a cutting board for us. The kitchenette also has a toaster, microwave, coffee maker, fridge, and freezer. There is really nothing else you could ask for.

The bathroom was very clean and the hotel provided name brand shampoo (Neutrogena excites me) and other standard amenities. The shower head was powerful (I hate weak shower heads).

The bedroom had a flat screen TV with about 40 channels and I loved the double doors connecting the bedroom and the living room. The living room itself also had a massive flat screen TV and plenty of furniture to lounge on. There are two desks in the suite, giving me plenty of room to study while my girlfriend was out interviewing.

I heard no noise from any of the other adjacent residents and the hotel is situated in safe wooded area (a pleasant respite from the incessant honking of Bostonian drivers).

The overall vibe of the suite was very pleasant and conducive to both studying and relaxing. Obviously whoever designed the room is some kind of boss at interior design since the color tones matched perfectly and there were plenty of nifty looking mirrors and ornaments/pictures hanging from the walls.

The breakfast area is very classy with dark wooden tables, fireplace, and yet another massive flat screen TV. The entire breakfast staff was very attentive, quick, and polite to all the customers, particularly the slightly hunch-backed bespectacled gentleman whose name I did not catch.

The rate is extremely reasonable considering you're paying for a suite with a kitchen and breakfast is included. Dinner is also included on Sundays to Thursdays but we didn't stay during those days to enjoy the meal. I didn't swim in the pool but I was pleased with the array of dumbbells provided in the fitness center. As a man who likes to bench, I was pleased with the availability of an adjustable bench. An executive center is provided with free printing, yet another perk that I was impressed with.

Almost every hotel nowadays claim that they have "in-room high-speed internet access". About 50% of the time, this claim is blatantly false. However, with the Homewood Suites, internet was nearly as fast as the internet provided on my college campus although it naturally slowed down during the mornings and late evenings when most residents were using it.

I must also compliment the maid who cleaned my room throughout the weekend. She noticed that the sink's garbage disposal was broken, informed me that it would get fixed and sure enough, within two hours, a maintenance man knocked on my door and fixed it within 45 seconds.

Conclusion: This hotel is a hidden gem (literally because it's hidden behind the Hampton Inn that's located off of the Turnpike) and I would recommend it to business and leisure travelers. The price during my stay averaged about $115 per night with taxes and it's worth it with all the benefits that the hotel provides.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Luke P
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your detailed commets .It is very nice to know that you have enjoyed your stay.

We hope to see you again soon.

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Came at 8pm and left next morning at 7am so could not use exercise room, pool, etc. so cannot comment on those
Pros:
1. Clean, comfortable, well maintained
2. Called a day ahead for room quiet room on top floor; got complimentary upgrade from studio to 1-bedroom suite
3. Reasonable breakfast & enough food to make for dinner in pinch
4. free executive center with 2 internet PCs & standard office supplies
5. Staff was OK; nothing especially positive or negative
Cons
1. Bed a little too soft for my liking
2. In this day and age, how can any hotel still have smoking rooms [though mine fortunately was not]

Room Tip: Top floor is quieter
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
New York, NY
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I ventured to Boston for a one night stay at the homewood suites. Usually I like the homewood suites for their value and space. This is not the case in the Homewood suites in Billerica. When I booked my hotel I put in a request for a room on a high floor away from the elevator (the hotel has 4 floors so it shouldn't have been tough). When I arrived I was greeted by Leanne which seemed genuinely annoyed at the world. I proceeded to ask to check in but it took a long time to find my reservation ( I consider over 5 minutes to find it - long, especially considering I'm Hilton Diamond and the front desk should have it ready). Once Leanne did find the reservation it turns out they did not accommodate ANY of my simple requests. Leanne came up with the very tired "I saw what you asked for but this is all we have. A further prodding yielded either a high floor or further from the elevator - contrary to her initial assertions. It really kills me when employees of any service industry lie to customers with obvious lies that can be easily disproven. I figured one out of two isn't bad - how wrong was I.
After I walked into my room I smelled and odious oder. The room must haven been a smoker's room before and now everything in the room stunk. When I checked out the bed - I found it didn't have a blanket. It was just a dirty bed spread and a sheet - no blanket of duvet. The bed itself wasn't very comfortable.
When I walked in to the bathroom the condition wasn't much better. The floor was filled with stains.
I then tried to call down for a wakeup call. Turns out the phone didn't work.
Really beyond belief - I couldn't believe so many things were wrong in this place.
To make a long story short - considering it's a single night and the difficulty in getting there, I endured my one night and left in disgust.

I will be booking my next stay at the motel 6 before I step foot in this establishment again. You've been warned.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Pune, India
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Positives: -
Excellent room and facilities.
Good house-keeping and prompt service.
Rooms have a kitchen with utensils and stove and microwave where you can cook if need be.
Evening cookies/snacks/dinner is served during week days, which is helpful as hotel does not have a restaurant.
Pool was good, though small and not very deep. Appeared little crowded if more than 2 families were using it.
Front desk did an excellent job in handling a situation where there was some flooding in some rooms due to a pipe burst.
You can get complementary pickup and drop within 5 miles of hotel (though it depends on availability of driver and shuttle)

Front desk staff is very friendly and helpful.

Some negatives:
Gym did not had weight bar and blades. Only dumbbells were available.
Lack of restaurants/market places nearby (walkable distance), is a problem for those who cannot drive or don't have a car/valid license for US.
Shuttle service provided by hotel, is available till 19:00hrs.
A/C used to make noise at time of shutdown and restart

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Oregon
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed here in early September with extended family. It was a great value for families trying to save money. Breakfasts offered a good selection and the evening 'happy hour' had enough variety to feed everyone. We were disappointed that they hadn't obtained their liquor license for a real 'happy hour' but the manager, Jeff, took great care of us. Rarely have we stayed in a hotel that had such complete attention to making sure we were happy. We'd stay again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Billerica
Hampton Inn Boston Bedford Burlington
DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen
Sonesta ES Suites Burlington
HYATT house Boston/Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington
Boston Marriott Burlington
Boston Marriott Burlington
#4 of 7 in Burlington

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston - Billerica? Share your experiences!