“The only authentic Sichuan in the area”
Review of Sichuan Gourmet

Sichuan Gourmet
Ranked #3 of 58 Restaurants in Billerica
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

This is the place that all of the native Chinese from high tech companies in the area swear by. Super spicy is available as well as truly authentic dishes. I love the fish poached in chili oil, old style chicken, beef in hot green peppers, Sichuan dumplings. Local like cold beef tendon & long beans with pork.

There is something for both adventurous and not. Really great. Often lines at lunchtime.

1  Thank familyinnh

Reviewed October 9, 2012

First, I have never been to China, so I don't know if this authentic or not. But this is hands down the best Chinese food in the area, which is clogged with mediocre Chinese restaurants. If you like the pu-pu platter and scorpion bowl scene, just head down the street a few blocks. If you want flavorful Sichuan food that will have you smiling long after you have eaten it, give this place a rip. I stopped in yesterday with a friend for the lunch specials - typical choices, but not typical in flavor. The General Tso Chicken was terrific, and the Kung Bao Chicken was absolutely the best that I have ever had. Egg rolls so-so, hot and sour soup was delicious. A lunchtime bargain fro $7.50, and there was plenty to take home for tomorrows lunch. I will definitely be back very soon, and I'm delighted to have stumbled upon this little strip mall gem.

1  Thank Susan D
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Ive lunched and dined at S/G 20+ times and have never had anything but a perfect meal. My Asian colleague, who studied in Cheng Du, tells me it is as authentic Sichuan as she has had in the US. The shredded pork or the twice cooked bacon are a lunch time treat. Beef with hot peppers is also a great choice.

1  Thank Amandaxxy
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We do take-out from here all the time. Good sized portions, fast service, and tasty authentic cuisine!!

1  Thank Sarah D
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Whenever I think of Chinese food, Sichuan Gourment is the place to go. They have the most tastiest, spiciest, mouth-watering dishes and I probably eat here 3 times a month. I recommend this place to everyone.

The only con that I can think of is the seating. Thats seems to be the only downfall for this restaurant, so make sure you arrive there early or order take out.

Overall great place to eat.

1  Thank Dipesh S