“Perfect Venue for Family Celebration”
Review of Emerald Rose

Emerald Rose
Reserve with OpenTable
Emerald Rose is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 58 Restaurants in Billerica
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Grove Street
Description: Creative, delicious and affordable cuisine served in a welcoming, comfortable atmosphere by friendly, attentive servers. What dining out should be! You"ll find it at The Emerald Rose. Choose from our white tablecloth dining room, a seat by the fireplace in the more casual Irish Pub or one of our two outdoor patios. Executive Chef Mark Filteau has created a menu with a great balance of traditional Irish favorites like Bangers and Mashed, exciting new dishes like Blue Cheese Crusted Filet Mignon with Bass Ale Demi-Glaze and creative comfort food like Baked Macaroni and Cheese with Lobster. Great Food, Great Value, Friendly Service and an extensive menu with something for everyone! Come relax and enjoy!
Reviewed February 20, 2018

I booked Emerald Rose for a celebration for my aunt's 90th birthday. The management was extremely helpful and responsive. We had the choice of 3-4 items from the menu, plus appetizers and dessert. We chose steak tips, haddock and turkey dinner. The food was great -- I couldn't even finish my huge portion. Cocktail was delicious (I highly recommend the cougar-tini). Waitstaff was helpful -- a wonderful experience. This is going to be my go-to place for family events.

Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

Doesn’t look like much from the street side and I drove by many times, but once I tried it I was hooked. Specializes in comfort food like you might have had for Sunday dinner! Prime Rib is a specialty but lots of good choices. Always clean white tablecloths and flowers on the table, too. Nice touch for a local favorite.

1  Thank Linda D
Reviewed December 21, 2017 via mobile

I always enjoy coming the emerald rose. It's very busy on the weekends, especially dinner. The food is amazing, but it's pricey. I don't mind, you get what you pay for. I prefer the bat over the tables if you have a small group. They are always getting new beers and have many craft beers to choose from.

Reviewed November 27, 2017

My wife and I have been going to the Emerald Rose for over ten years, but my last visit was way below the usual good experience that we have received in the past. On 26 November 2017, we went to the Emerald Rose (at 3 PM) to watch the second half of the Patriot’s game. Maybe 20% of the bar stools were taken and there was one bartender (Female) working, which is very unusual as there are always two bartenders working. I had to flag the bartender down after we were sitting for close to ten minutes as the bartender was too busy talking to her friends (customers) at the bar. Asked for a glass of water and a beer, just got the beer. We put in an order for nachos, and it was obvious that the bartender held the food back in hopes of getting us to order more booze before the nachos arrived. The nachos came out 25 mins later and they were cold. Then the bartender disappears again, she was back over talking to her pals and I again had to flag her down, as we needed more sour cream. Then at the end, we had to wait over ten minutes (again) to get the bartender attention to come back over so I could pay the bill. The whole experience was very frustrating. I am only writing this review to alert the owner as we normally get good food and service at the Emerald Rose. It stinks when you work hard for your money and a waiter / bartender treats you like crap. I am pissed I even left a tip (10%, I should have left 0%). I will go back to the Emerald, but I now know which bartender to stay way from.

Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

Emerald Rose is my go to place when I want to stay close to home. Service is always good and atmosphere pleasant. Most menu items fall into the comfort food category but that doesn’t mean they aren’t done well. Save room for the bread pudding!