“You do get huge portions, but..................”
Review of Villaggio Restaurant & Tavern - CLOSED

Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
North Billerica, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You do get huge portions, but..................”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Lately, it is pretty crowded on Friday nights and while all the staff are very friendly, they seem pretty unorganized. It takes the hostess a while before she can figure out which waitresses turn it is. Once seated, it takes the waitress a while to get to you and again that may be due to the fact they are so unorganized. The portions are large and they give you a choice as to whether you want the luncheon or dinner size which is nice, but it seems like a lot of the food is microwaved. The tables are not cleaned very well and you will find yourself sticking to them. The seats are so old, you feel like you are sitting nearly on the floor. I believe they are trying to make it a nice restaurant, but they still have quite a way to go.

• Visited October 2013

Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Huge Portions and Great Price”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My friend and I were looking for something different to try and somehow ended up in the Billerica area. The Manning Manse looked promising so we stopped, and we were not disappointed! Huge parking area, and nice looking building. Very friendly service throughout the night. I really liked our waitress. The menu is huge and the prices are outstanding. We were there on a Dos Equis promotional night and actually got two free beers and some swag which was very cool. They had escargot as an appetizer so we had to order it. Yummy! For mains, I ordered the smaller version of the prime rib while my partner ordered the turkey stuffing sandwich. The prime rib was massive. There was no way that I'd ever be able to eat all of it, and it was so tender and delicious. Wow! We ended up splitting the steak and sides and taking the turkey sandwich home for some yummy left-overs the next day. I really felt stuffed after eating. The bill was awesome (likely due to the free beers) and it was a steal to get all that good food for such a low price. We plan to go back! Minus one star for way too much garlic, but otherwise, a perfect night out.

• Visited August 2013
burlington, ma
“try it you'll LOVE it”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

On Saturday, May 11th my nephew had a Communion luncheon at your restaurant. It was a buffet. The food was great, hot and plenty of it. The waitresses couldn't have been nicer and more helpful........taking away dirty plates and asking if we wanted more drinks, etc.
My husband and I go there for lunch often which is always great, but that is the first function we have gone to there. Try it it's excellent.

• Visited May 2013
Billerica, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't stop, pass by...keep on going and don't look back!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Do yourself a favor, there is nothing to see here. Terrible service, no atmosphere, rude people and the food is blah....if you actually get any.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Nancie J
North Chelmsford, Mass
“Great Italian food”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I found Villaggio with a coupon from the Entertainment Book. When I arrived I realized that it used to be Garrison's, which I frequented for lunch when I used to work nearby. The main room hasn;t changed much. It's a simple decor with a warm fireplace at the end. Overall, it's a very pleasant atmosphere. They start you off with fresh, warm bread and a great olive oil dipping sauce with lots of garlic. My wife had the Veal Marsala with Angel Hair pasta. I tasted it and it was extremely good. I had the grilled Prime Rib special with Rice Pilaf and mushroom demi-glace. It was just about the best I've ever had. The Prime Rib had been cooked to perfection. It was very tender with a minimum of fat. The sauce was equally perfect. And it was so large I got three meals out of it. The wait staff was very friendly, helpful and attentive.. We will definitely be going back!

• Visited March 2013