“Great location, low rate, poor building.”

Courtyard Boston Billerica/Bedford
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Billerica
“Great location, low rate, poor building.”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

My stay was okay. This hotel isn't quite up to par when compared with other Courtyard Marriotts. The room was clean, and modern enough. The housekeeping staff was loud in the AM. The housekeeping supervisor/manager was loud in the hall outside the room as well. The general upkeep of the property seemed a bit lacking. There was a considerable amount of mold on the grout in the shower despite an otherwise clean room.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Askmeaboutmystay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Pittsboro, North Carolina
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I stay with these folks once or twice a month at a minimum and I wouldn't recommend anyone else in the area. The front desk folks always know me when I check in and they let me leave a duffle bag of my toiletries and workout gear in their storage area so I don't have to bring those things back and forth. The rooms have a nice desk if you need to do work. New flat screen tvs. They recently replaced the coverlets with bright white ones giving the room a very crisp look. There is a small refrigerator in every room. Their snacks in the pantry are very reasonably priced compared to other hotels I've stayed in.
They have a good breakfast buffet for around $10 and if you don't see something you like, they'll make it for you. Their clam chowder is some of the best I've tasted in Boston.
I always rate places based on their workout facility. While this one is not spectacular, it is very adequate. They have 3 treadmills (one brand new), an elliptical machine, and a bicycle. They also have an indoor pool. There's a weight bench and a new set of free weights. Enough room for one or two people to get in a floor workout.

I stay here for the location, price, restaurant, and customer service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed for three nights in July and were happy to get very comfortable beds and a clean bathroom. No breakfast included was a negative, but on the other hand the dinner menu offered good food at affordable prices.
The third night we were very disturbed by a large group of young people staying at the hotel. They kept running in the coridors slamming doors shut throughout the whole night.
We forgot clothes in the closet but eventually got them back. Although it all worked out we had trouble communicating with the front desk staff due to poor knowledge of English on their side.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Katarina S
Plano, TX, USA
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I spend about 150-160 nights per year in a hotel and most of them in a hotel from the Marriott brand (Marriott, Courtyard, Residence inn etc.). The Courtyard in Billerica is below average (and the price above average). Rooms not really comfortable (airco is noisy and wind direction uncomfortable), Windows can't be opened and TV channel line up is limited. Rooms are clean however, but hotel can be quite noisy (water pipes, doors slamming).
Compared to other Courtyards (and other Marriott brand hotels) in the Boston area, the friendliness of the staff is a mixed bag. Where other Marriott brand hotels are constant a pleasure in customer service, the Courtyard in Billerica is not. It's a hit or miss. (breakfast staff, however, is always friendly). Tho only reason why I stay here every week is that it is convenient to work and the special business rate I get is within our budget.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Fred S
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was in the Boston area for a friend's wedding festivities. All the guests were staying on the 6th floor of the hotel. It was great to have everyone in one hall, and as a member of the bridal party, it was very nice to be just a few doors down from the bride's room, which made wedding primping much easier. The staff was very nice and all offered their congratulations to the bride and groom. They were amazing about our crazy demands, delivering extra napkins, dining utensils, and trash cans to the bridal suite on the morning of the wedding.

I was sharing my room with three other girls, so housekeeping offered us several extra towels and rolls of toilet paper without us having to ask. Also Ron, the chief engineer, was SO nice about coming to fix our TV twice. He kept telling us that if there was ANYTHING we needed to just call him and he'd get it. We had to tell him three times that we didn't need a microwave because we didn't have anything to cook in it.

The beds were very comfortable. Each bed had two soft and two firm pillows. The room was very clean.

All the wedding guests were invited to a brunch the morning after, which was delicious, ESPECIALLY the eggs and potatoes. YUM.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Billerica, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I stayed here one night and I was happy with it. Checking in took longer than usual because a few busloads of Chinese tourists were trying to check in, so their group leader was trying to work out details with the only person on desk duty. When that finally settled we got our keys quickly. The room was clean and comfortable. I didn't take advantage of any amenities during my brief stay here. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would stay here again if needed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Summit, NJ
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I am usually a big fan of marriott managed properties but this one does not make the grade.

First, for a courtyard, I felt the room were on the small side. Secondly, the evening of my arrival, there were high school / college kids running up and down the halls screaming. Now I love to have fun as much as the next person, but after 11:30pm I went down to security and told them I would call the police if they could not handle the situation.

Thirdly, the rate I paid included two breakfasts with the room, which I thought was a fairly common Marriott program. When the "server" came to deliver a bill, I told her I was in the stay for breakfast program and gave her my room number. She came back and told me that it was not included in my rate. I then had to stop eating breakfast and go to the front desk, which in the mornign is sometimes busy with people checking out because that's what happens in the morning. After the desk clerk told me herself that the rate did not include breakfast, I called the Marriott 800 number and found my reservation and had the agent on the phone deal with the people at the desk.

During this time, my server had cleared away my plate and someone else was sitting at my table! They finally got it squared away. Not a really good time was had here.

Room Tip: stay away - plenty of other hotelsin the area