“Snobby Staff meets Over Priced Food”
Review of Soma Restaurant

Soma Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 136 Restaurants in Beverly
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have gone here several times over several years, and always I leave disappointed. I have never eaten here, though not for lack of trying. I have sat at the bar and at tables, and basically had to beg for menus, and then never got served. The same has happened while trying to order drinks. I understand downtown Beverly can get busy, and you may have to wait for a quality cocktail, but being positively ignored by the staff is unacceptable. I have stood at the bar for over 20 minutes, waiting to order - and not even an acknowledgement that they know I am waiting. As long as it is under the same management I have no desire to try them again.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I love the pizza here. Not your run of the mill pizza with red sauce.
They make what I like to call "designer" pizza with a wonderful array of fresh ingredients. A delicious thin crispy crust.

There are many other dishes on the menu other than pizza but I always go for the pizza. Very nice comfortable atmosphere as well

Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Dined Soma eatery last night. It was very good, but unfortunately not a place I would frequent with often. I think this place is a hit with many people, just not me. Drinks were great.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

When I'm in Beverly this has become my favorite lunch place. My favorite dishes are the Cajun salmon BLT or the Wild Salmon with bacon mashed potatoes and sautéed vegetables. It's cool or warm and dark inside. Interesting and unusual beers and wines, too. It's a great choice. Someday I will come back for dinner, too.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We have been to Soma twice for dinner. The pan-seared salmon and the chicken under a brick entrées were both very good; entrée prices are in the mid $20s. (The menu is available online.) However, the restaurant is primarily a bar scene, so it is noisy and dinner service is very slow.

1  Thank yondan20