“Faultless early dinner”

Cuisines: American, Caribbean, French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2011

4:40 Aug 9. Early dinner after viewing Endicott College. The menu looked very nice. Seated in an empty dining room because we were so early. THE most delicious bread with a light crispy crust arrived with homemade hummous. I had Soma's fish tacos and Ceasar salad and my daughter had their chicken parm pizza and it was all delicious.. Serving sizes were such that we could take some home with us; in other words ample. Handsome service.Very relaxing. Dinner for two with a coke and one beer and tip, 48.00

Reviewed April 4, 2009

my grandparents go to soma every saturday night practically since it opened and for the past year me and my mom and my sister have been going on saturdays with them. and tonight, i have to say i was absolutely furious with the owner, nick. he was very inappropriate and extremely rude to my sister and i. it was very unfair that we give soma nothing but business and nick came out and was very unprofessional. my advice would be not to go there ever because the food may be tasty but its not worth the owner who lets his emotions get the best of him and slams down a check in front of my 89 year old grandpa and yells at him in front of everyone. so even walk next door to mandrake, if u go to soma you are risking a night of rude behavior by the one person who is supposed to be the nicest. don't go.

3  Thank juicy101
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Salem, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 2, 2009

Modern, cool resturant in Beverly - great food, great service! Try the strawberry-basil martini, you won't be disappointed.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed April 2, 2009

Excellent dinner and service! The drinks were wonderful as well!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed October 23, 2008

I ate here on October 18th in a group of 4 for dinner, arriving at around 7:30-8pm. The menu selections were interesting but for someone with lactose intolerance, there are few dishes that do not have cream-based sauces. The size of the salad portions were huge, and it was a plus that several salads and entrees had half portion offerings. The drinks and appetizers arrived in short order, but there was a 45 minute delay before we got entrees. The rack of lamb as were scallops and ravioli. The dish I ordered was fish that turned out to be fried, in a soup bowl of white beans and squid. The dish was mainly beans, and not what I expected, although the fish was good. The waiter seemed very stressed and when he came to ask if we wanted more drinks, asked only one of us. We finished our meal at around 10:30, when it seemed their bar was filling up with the night crowd.