“Downhill with food” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Not Your Average Joe's - CLOSED

Not Your Average Joe's
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.
Ipswich, Massachusetts
“Downhill with food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

My friends and I stopped going to NYAJ's after having the most horrible lunch ever. I'll tell you about one of the dishes. It was French onion soup. I was the first to taste it and it had a weird tang to it. My two friends hadn't mentioned anything after tasting theirs, so I thought it was me. Wrong! The next thing I know, one friend exclaimed "what the heck is this?". It was half a lemon all squished up. That was the tang I tasted! Why were they putting lemon it??

We flagged down our server, a really nice guy, and showed him the lemon. He apologized profusely and took the lemon to the kitchen. Several minutes later, the Manager came over and we kept asking him what the heck was a lemon doing in the French onion soup? I asked if the cook was experimenting with recipes that were just fine the way they were, and he said he's experimenting too much. Really! He offered to replace the three soups with some from a batch that he said was just about ready. We love French onion soup, so we said yes. It was not good either. It had very little beefy/onion flavor, and I swear I still tasted a hint of that tang.

The rest of our lunch was just as bad. We won't return, unless it's for coffee and dessert. They haven't ruined that yet.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Beverly, Massachusetts
“Just above average for Restaurant Chain food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

Good place to stop if you don’t want to make dinner or traveling through and hungry. Food is OK but not memorable. Tends to be a little more salty than it should be. Burgers are very good. Better choice than other Chain food in the area.

• Visited November 2013
Tuckerton, New Jersey
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Awesome food...awesome staff. This was our first time here while visiting family and I can't find one bad thing to say. The food was great...our waitress was very nice and let us joke around with her. We needed up closing the place , okay they close at 10:30 but still!

Visited November 2013
“No value anymore”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

I keep trying as I loved the restaurant chain until recently. This disaster was seared scallop with pesto. It was 1 scallop sliced into 3 thin price on a fancy skewer. The scallop was great but maybe an ounce of scallop. Also had corn and bean mixture and watercress. Price was $10.99 and maybe it cost $1.00 on a bad day to make. Just too bad to see this place go to hell. It was a good place to est in the past but my last 3 tries were painful...something changed, like a bean counter bought the place from Joe.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Beverly, Massachusetts
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

As a local resident I visit this restaurant quite often. The food is great and the beer is cold. Fresh bread starts you off, and a nice selection of main dishes follows. Can't go wrong here! By the way, get on the e-mail list for occasional specials and a bargain on your birthday.

Visited August 2013