“Favorite Local Bar”

Fibber Mc Gee Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 137 Restaurants in Beverly
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Fibber McGee's is my favorite bar close to home. They always have great food specials going on and awesome featured sauces on wing night! Also the beer and cocktail selections change regularly and are always great.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

The restaurant is located in the vicinity of Endicott College. The restaurant was a very nice surprise. We were visiting colleges and stumbled upon this bar restaurant. The atmosphere is like an Irish Pub. The service was very friendly and fast. The biggest surprise was the food. There were four of us and we each ordered four different main courses and three different appetizers. The New England Clam chowder was the best I ever had in New England, and I have eaten in many restaurants. All the food was fresh and apparently prepared by a real chef. The Lobster stuffed Ravioli's in Asparagus sauce was mouth watering. The restaurant offered $1.00 ribs, and my curiosity got the best of me, so I tried them. The pork fell off the bone and the sauce was excellent. All the dishes were excellent and I can't say enough about the quality of the food and service. To complete the experience the prices were more than reasonable and I would go out of my way to stop there again. You would expect to find this type of food in a fine restaurant. My family was still talking about how good the food for an hour after we finished. I would highley recommend this restaurant.

3  Thank DANIEL M
Reviewed October 21, 2013

In general, I like Fibber's. I've been there a handful of times on a Saturday afternoon or Sunday evening. It's a low key, friendly, irish pub/sports bar. And, since the most recent owners took over, the food is pretty good too. You can get a nice burger that is worth it every time. However, I hate this place at night. They seem to have an identity crisis. It turns into something completely different. the clientele is different and the atmosphere goes out the window. They have either a band or a DJ, which is fine, except that even when they are on break, they blast the music so loud that it's like you're at a club, screaming to ask what kind of beer your friend wants from the bar. And when the DJ is there, it's a trashy crowd. Gross people who like to get drunk and start fights. Just seems like they should choose a crowd and cater to it, and figure out what they want to be.

1  Thank Rachelle G