“Great Broadway Shows on the North Shore”

North Shore Music Theatre
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Beverly
Dover, Massachusetts
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Great Broadway Shows on the North Shore”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

We have had seasons tickets to the NSMT for years and I have to say that the shows get better and better each year . Yesterday we saw The Sound of Music and this was one of the best productions of this show I have ever seen. It has always been a favorite of mine but this cast was exceptional. There is not a bad seat in the house and the theater in the round has great acoustics. Seasons tickets are close to the cost of one Broadway show and although you are not in New York the quality of performance is top notch.

Boston
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Sound of Music - Excellent”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

A very well doe rendition of one of my favorite movies. I wondered if I could believe in any Maria beside Julie Andrews or Captain than Christopher Plummer, but this cast really was fantastic.

I can recommend the theater in general very highly. Not a bad seat in the house.

Stoughton, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“This theater in the round is very special place.”
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

I attended "The Sound of Music" at the NSMT last night. The music, the casting, the talent, the voices and the production value (especially sound), not to mention the facility and atmosphere were absolutely fantastic! Go see this show-wow:) And if you can't, having seen & enjoyed countless productions there attend one of the upcoming classics on their schedule.

Middleton, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great place”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have been going there since I was a kid. Now I am taking my kids. Also they have good concerts. I got to see BB King and Charlie Daniels. The spinning stage makes it the best place to see any performance.

Visited January 2013
Essex, Massachusetts
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Dickens, A Christmas Carol, Super Show!”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Over the past 15 years I've seen A Christmas Carol four times. Each performance was wonderful and I couldn't imagine that the next year could be better. This year's performance is a super show! David Coffee has played Scrooge for nineteen years and is back again. Each year he interprets this role anew and the performance is never the same twice. He and all the cast members poured their hearts and energy into their performance. The mechanical devices, lighting, special effects, costumes, live music, and comfortable seating (seats are tiered and everyone has good visibility) make this show a "not to be missed" holiday treat. North Shore Music Theater is under new ownership and everything is just super!

Visited December 2012