“All great except . . . .”
Review of Chianti Cafe

Chianti Cafe
Ranked #10 of 136 Restaurants in Beverly
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hi, my husband and I visited Chianti's this past Labor Day Weekend, and as usual the pasta, wine, service in the jazz lounge, and the music/dessert was awesome!!!!! A special shout-out to our server Sarah who mans that whole jazz lounge alone and does it w/ a smile, and absolutely effortlessly!!! She is great!! Thanks Sarah! My only complaint once again, owner, please take notice, the bread with that horrid bean dip/hummus is just not right, especially when compared with the bruschetta you used to serve!!! The bruschetta was the bomb! Really, so wish you'd start serving that again instead of this tasteless bean dip. A few weeks prior a friend and I went in and they had the dipping oil, even that was better than this bean dip. Just saying . . . no one likes it, pleeeeeeeeeese, change it back! Thanks!!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Over $100 for a couple...BUT, it was phenomenal food and a very quaint and cozy atmosphere. I would go again even at the cost.

1  Thank Acvengr2116
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I hadn't been to Chianti in quite a while. My visiting family was looking for an outdoor spot where we could beat the heat. Arriving at Chianti at nearly 8pm, we were immediately seated in their charming garden. Our friendly waiter brought over tasty bread with the most delicious white bean spread. I ordered the Zucchillini-- pasta made from strips of zucchini-- it was so delicious and I left without the heavy feeling of overeating. The carpaccio was delicious as was the veal and pasta dishes. I would steer people away from the gnocci with pesto which was very oily. All told, the service was great, the food delicious and the setting magical!

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Chianti has expanded, morphing into a "Jazz Bar", fine dining restaurant. So far they seemed to be making it work. The food and service was as good as before. Prices are somewhat high, wine list is very limited. We had the veal and the filet, both excellent, as were the mussels and portabello-baby spinach apps.
Can be quite noisy, so if it a quiet dinner you wish, go early.

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

We love the Chianti for it's incredible Italian cuisine and also the phenomenal jazz musicians they book. The Eggplant Paradiso is out of this world - I was sad when I finished it...but will definitely go back for more :) There's a bunch of vegetarian options so this is definitely in our top 10 for favorite restaurants. The servers are friendly and the atmosphere is cozy. If you don't see an open seat when you arrive, they broadcast the show in another room. They've thought of everything!!

Been to Chianti Cafe? Share your experiences!