“Don't expect much”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We made reservations for 4 and were pleasantly greeted and seated. One of us had the special, pumpkin ravioli which was good, but a little pricey for ravioli. My wife got the Haddock special which was very salty to the point she did not eat it. Two of us ordered the veal Braciolettiine which was ok but slightly salty. I ordered mine with Linguine the other came with Ziti.
The linguine turned out to be angel hair which is a far cry from linguini and as my wife likes angel hair she ate that instead of the haddock. The wine and drinks were fine.
For service two of us were still eating our meals when the waitress came over and cleared the two who were finished. Does any train the waitstaff anymore? The waitress asked my wife if everything was ok with the fish and my wife told her of the issue. She did take it away but made no attempt to offer anything else nor to delete this meal which was not eaten off of the bill.
We hadn't been there for a couple of years and don't see us going back anytime soon.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Inexpensive Italian food, good food. The atmosphere was lacking it was an empty restaurant and still very noisy, as well as being shoved into a tight corner.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

we have been to Bellamia mulitple times in the last few years. yet our visit last evening was undoubtedly the best. Our table of four ws promptly seated in the open bar/dining room. Our server introduced himself and cheerfully offered "my specials this evening". We were so happy with the special pappardelle with sausage, shrimp, and clams in a light red sauce, and the carbonara which wasn't even on the menu. When my husband asked if he could have it, our server said "only if it's okay as we only use pancetta"! Yum. Our friends had veal and another fresh pasta dish. These entre's followed excellent Ceasar and Caprese salads and accompanied by a reasonable and tasty Pinot Grigio.
Beverly is fortunate to have lots of restaurant choices and am glad that Bellamia is one.

1  Thank Gail G
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Wonderful experience-- terrific from beginning (brusetta) to end ( Tiramisu) Excellent light olive oil, superb martini, we both loved our meals-- chicken parm and chicken verdicchio. Just delisioso! Cant wait to go again! As good as Italy.

2  Thank merrymemory
Reviewed September 3, 2012

A traditional restaurant, my family enjoys coming here when we are looking for a casual environment and some comfort food. The food probably won't win any awards for creative cuisine but it offer reliable, tasty fare at an affordable price. Best of all, it's easy to get a table most nights of the week!

1  Thank CaraMHutchins