“Bring your Lipitor.”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bennett Street
Transit: MBTA train stations within 2 miles at Beverly Depot and Montserrat.
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Ok it's "newer" inside. The ownership is trying to do it their way and not rest on the laurels of the past owner. Understood. However, it would be nice if there were some menu items that didn't immediately have you thinking about scheduling that quadruple bypass before you leave. Let's lighten things up. Ever consider a raw bar?

3  Thank fatboy8453

Reviewed July 16, 2013

No longer Brendan Crocker's.....The "new and exciting" Wild Horse Cafe it truly an enjoyable experience. Sam in the kitchen and Matt at the "front of the house" have updated not only the menu but totally renovated the interior of Wild Horse. Light and bright and upbeat, with "small plates" and full meals...it's defiinatlely worth the visit. Two of us shared three small plates.. Duck drumb stick w/spicy sauce were yummy, special of the nighte..fish taco and lamb chops...alll very good. And an amazingly large burger was truly enjoyed by the other diner. And his "fries" were great! Give it a try...not your momma's Wild Horse...but better!

1  Thank louisedp
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We have visited several times in the past year under both owners and have been completely satisfied every time. The change of owners seems to have been quite smooth and the decor and layout changes have been excellent. On our most recent visit, we stopped on our way to the North Shore Music Theater for an early dinner and ate at a small table in the bar. My wife had the Swordfish Skewers and I had the Tendercrop Farm Mixed Grill. Both were perfectly prepared and presented. The beer selections remain interesting and offer enough variety for all palates. Our most recent visit was enhanced by our excellent server, Anjuli. It is fun to watch a professional who obviously enjoys her work.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is no longer owned by Brendan Crocker...under new ownership and they have done a really nice job updating the decor! After leaving Prides osteria last nite we were hungry and decided to head down the road to Wildhorse. glad we did! We each had a cocktail ...I had a glass of la Crema white wine and my husband had a margherita...he is very fussy about preparation and claimed it as "perfect"! We shared the Potato Chip nachos which were really good but HUGE! Took 3/4 home. We also had the chicken tacos which were equally as good.

The bartenders were attentive, professional and personable..Thank you Clay for an enjoyable visit! I am so sorry that I can't remember the other bartenders name....?Melissa maybe...but she was also great! We will certainly be back again soon!

1  Thank MAFOODIE01970
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My friends, husband and I have loved visiting Wild Horse for years when we visit the area. They have great food (definitely try their nachos!) and the staff is always friendly. The environment is really comfortable and lively. On our last visit, though, my husband and I were denied drinks because we had out of state licenses. Apparently, the city of Beverly passed a law (citizen-led?) that doesn't allow people with out of state licenses to purchase alcohol at restaurants/bars. I guess there has been a problem with local college students, but I am not sure. This really disappointed us, and we ended up leaving before getting anything. Hopefully, Beverly gets rid of the rule so that we can enjoy this place on future trips!