“Great place but unfriendly to travelers”
Review of Wild Horse Cafe - CLOSED

Wild Horse Cafe
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bennett Street
Transit: MBTA train stations within 2 miles at Beverly Depot and Montserrat.
Denver, Colorado
“Great place but unfriendly to travelers”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My friends, husband and I have loved visiting Wild Horse for years when we visit the area. They have great food (definitely try their nachos!) and the staff is always friendly. The environment is really comfortable and lively. On our last visit, though, my husband and I were denied drinks because we had out of state licenses. Apparently, the city of Beverly passed a law (citizen-led?) that doesn't allow people with out of state licenses to purchase alcohol at restaurants/bars. I guess there has been a problem with local college students, but I am not sure. This really disappointed us, and we ended up leaving before getting anything. Hopefully, Beverly gets rid of the rule so that we can enjoy this place on future trips!

Visited April 2013

MA, USA
“Fantastic food, wonderful service!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband, daughter, and I returned to the Wild Horse Cafe last Saturday night, because we had been so impressed on our first visit. Under new ownership, the menu is varied and excellent with a wide variety of interesting appetizers, entrees and desserts to choose from. The appetizer menu looked so enticing, we decided to focus on it this time. Prepared to perfection, we really enjoyed the lamb lollipops, the haddock fishcakes, the grilled brussel sprouts, and the unique Greek salad. I chose the potage, a very tasty pureed soup in the French style...one even the French themselves would love. For dessert we shared the rich, moist chocolate cake. Can't wait to go back soon to sample their new spring menu. Our waiter Chris made good suggestions, knew just when to appear...excellent service. Congrats to Matt Blanchard, the new owner. They are off to a great start!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank mmecritique
Danvers, Massachusetts
“New Owner's, don't bother going back!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Me and my girlfriends plan a night out once a month and we always go to Wild Horse as they are centrally located for us and have an extensive martini list! We went last night for one of our monthly dates and what a different experience we had. The menu was different, the extensive martini list of 20+ is now down to 8 or 10, not including my favorite the beach bum martini. I ordered a cake batter martini instead and it was nothing like I was used to. They told me they were out of the specific vodka it is made with so they had to substitute it with something else and the chocolate around the rim was melted and messy... NOT GOOD! Another reason we go to Wild Horse is for the artichoke dip and pita chips... once again not the same anymore. You used to receive a large crock of dip as well as a giant plate of homemade pita chips. I ordered this assuming it would be the same but it was not. The dip came on a small plate with some hard bread pieces and vegetables. It was not nearly as good as it used to be and the portions were much smaller. The service was horrible as well. The waiter/bartender was really awkward and when questioned about the menus and martini list he didn't seem to care. We will definitely not be going back ever again and we will just have to find a new place to go for our girls night. TWO THUMBS DOWN!

• Visited February 2013
4 Thank Jackie L
Beverly, Massachusetts
“Good Food, Excellent Service”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have been here a few times now. It is always busy, so your best bet is to reserve via opentable. Each time, our server was the same. I can't remember his name, but he is amazing. The food has been very good each time. My only complaint is that each time there was not a dish that jumped out at me as the one. But what I decided on was good. It's a little pricey, but everything is Beverly is.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Rachelle G
Danvers, Massachusetts
“Amazing ambience, food, and service”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Absolutely loved this place. The food portions are humongous, the drinks are plenty and the service is attentive. Could get pretty crowded later on in the day towards the evenings. A nice hangout for couples and groups of friends. More so very friendly and polite service.

• Visited September 2012