“Quite delish”

Organic Garden Cafe
Ranked #17 of 134 Restaurants in Beverly
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our warm & healing space is an oasis that offers a truly enlightening & enlivening dining experience, here flavors & life force energy explode on the palate to both satisfy & energize the body & spirit.Since 1999, our vegetarian organic restaurant & juice bar has specialized in gourmet enzyme-rich rawfood, vegan & gluten-free cuisine. Our Fusion Menu which includes grain bowls with brown rice, black beans, butternut squash & quinoa, hot soups, vegan pizza, amazing desserts & hand-made chocolates, inspires curious foodies, transitioning vegetarians & hardcore raw vegans alike.
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Had a coupon decided to give the place a try. Surprise this was a real treat. Vietnamese summer rolls were amazing. So was meatless meatball Did not have time to eat there so we took the food with us. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

I was so excited to find this vegetarian restaurant , walked 7 blocks to try it out for lunch. The prices were higher than I expected but if I can eat delicious healthy vegetarian food than I don't mind paying for it. I ordered after reluctantly listening to one of the staff being reprimanded for a prior day's behavior. Once I started ordering the lady got distracted and helped 2 others get their 2_go meals and then told me my total and handed me my order at the same time. I didn't see any smiling faces on the staff and got the feeling that they pretty much didn't want to be there. I did love the wrap....LOVED IT!! The bean soup, not so much...under seasoned. I will go back for another chance at seeing some friendlier faces hopefully much better service. I want to try more food,and I was excited about possibly taking a class.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I don't just go around giving perfect reviews but this restaurant is my favorite! Whether you're vegan or not, you'll love the fresh organic ingredients that make up the nutritious/delicious food. I go here at least once a week, usually staying for a couple hours with a book, and recommend it to everyone I know. The vibe is peaceful and the staff are so welcoming and knowledgeable. If you're thinking about trying it, don't even think twice: go! You won't be sorry!

Reviewed May 25, 2014

My neighbor raves about this place, so my husband and I tried it out for an early Saturday dinner. The place was hopping and busy and we waited a long time to be greeted. A dirty table was cheerly bussed & wiped and we sat down with menus. The restaurant is small, ~12 or so tables at the front. The kitchen, in the back if the building, is separated from the dining room by a giant glass refrigerator unit full of vegan cheeses, take out savory items (falafel, gf bagels), and row after row of delectable desserts (cookies, pies, cakes, tiramisu, chocolates, etc.). The menu is stuffed full of nutritious options and there is a special menu, too. We ordered a "luscious" smoothie (hazelnut milk, dates, cocoa powder--wow!), nut butter ‘squash’ ravioli (red beet ‘shells’ with rosemary walnuts and cashew Alfredo), and a Thai bowl. Everything was terrific, tasty, and well presented.

The service staff was overwhelmed with the volume of customers, but the kitchen kept up, kicking out plate after plate of fantastic looking foods.

Can't wait to return!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I ordered strawberry short cake. It is NOT baked or cooked at all. They freeze all cakes and serve them uncooked. I am usually open minded for trying new and interesting food. However, after one bite, I could not believe how different it was from anything I've ever tasted in my entire life. In a bad, direct, brutally honest way, it tasked and looked like a compacted baby "puke" slice. The after-taste continued and made me scream inside "Get it out of my tongue." It was a shockingly unpleasant experience. By the way, I love soy burgers other vegetarian food although I am not a vegan. If you are like me, do not venture too much in this restaurant.