“I wish I lived closer so I could go more often”

Organic Garden Cafe
Ranked #6 of 137 Restaurants in Beverly
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our warm & healing space is an oasis that offers a truly enlightening & enlivening dining experience, here flavors & life force energy explode on the palate to both satisfy & energize the body & spirit.Since 1999, our vegetarian organic restaurant & juice bar has specialized in gourmet enzyme-rich rawfood, vegan & gluten-free cuisine. Our Fusion Menu which includes grain bowls with brown rice, black beans, butternut squash & quinoa, hot soups, vegan pizza, amazing desserts & hand-made chocolates, inspires curious foodies, transitioning vegetarians & hardcore raw vegans alike.
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We went out to see a band play in Beverly, MA for St. Patrick's Day so I did a search for restaurants in the area and this vegetarian cafe showed up near the top of the list. Search no more! At a typically restaurant , it takes me no time to choose what to eat because there are usually only one or two choices for vegetarians, or you have to order a salad and ask the waitstaff to not add the chicken (but you end up paying for it!). Here it took me a long time to choose! We started with the Hummus plate with the onion rye bread which was so fresh and yummy. I had a Thai half wrap which was full of wonderful flavors. I was so happy that I could order a half portion and it left room for dessert. I chose the brownie which was fudgy and decedent. I wish we lived closer so I could go all the time!

1  Thank sbmathieu

Reviewed March 23, 2012

delightful menu offerings that are clean and fresh, with crisp flavors and authentic spices. Great luncheon spot and your tummy will feel healthy!!!

Reviewed March 4, 2012

Simply excellent, clean food, all organic and very fresh!

Reviewed March 1, 2012

I was in Salem for a short trip and drove out here for a delicious meal. On the Sunday, it was basically self-serve as you had to go up to order, but the food was incredibly delicious. I had the sampler that was so huge I had to save half as take-away. My favourites from the meals were the Cashew Chai Tea Latte (perfect on a cold day), the sunflower burger/croquette and the zucchini hummus. I also liked the muchi curry sauce with quinoa. The Cheez ‘Burger’ Plate was also really good - the kale chips were wonderful. I took a raw bagel to go home and was so surprised how delicious it was. Both the multigrain and cinnamon raisin were great even with a dab of EB. The everything bar (whatever it was called) was nice but somehow not that filling. Overall, a great resto despite its odd location. :) I would scope it out if I were anywhere near by.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

It is so difficult to find great vegetarian restaurants! We tried this place a few years ago during a visit to Salem (recommended by staff at the Salem Waterfront Hotel) and were not disappointed...we return every year! It's a little place and looks like they have a steady stream of regular customers. The restaurant has always been busy when we've visited, and the food is consistently wonderful. We usually order a sampler platter so we can try a little bit of various things, and the chips and hummus are delicious, as is the homemade guacamole and chips! The service is very friendly and helpful. This is a great place to relax after sightseeing. It's just over the bridge out of Salem (past the Commons) and parking is free and easy. Definitely worth a visit!