“Worth the drive from Salem”

Organic Garden Cafe
Ranked #18 of 136 Restaurants in Beverly
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our warm & healing space is an oasis that offers a truly enlightening & enlivening dining experience, here flavors & life force energy explode on the palate to both satisfy & energize the body & spirit.Since 1999, our vegetarian organic restaurant & juice bar has specialized in gourmet enzyme-rich rawfood, vegan & gluten-free cuisine. Our Fusion Menu which includes grain bowls with brown rice, black beans, butternut squash & quinoa, hot soups, vegan pizza, amazing desserts & hand-made chocolates, inspires curious foodies, transitioning vegetarians & hardcore raw vegans alike.
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I was in Salem for a short trip and drove out here for a delicious meal. On the Sunday, it was basically self-serve as you had to go up to order, but the food was incredibly delicious. I had the sampler that was so huge I had to save half as take-away. My favourites from the meals were the Cashew Chai Tea Latte (perfect on a cold day), the sunflower burger/croquette and the zucchini hummus. I also liked the muchi curry sauce with quinoa. The Cheez ‘Burger’ Plate was also really good - the kale chips were wonderful. I took a raw bagel to go home and was so surprised how delicious it was. Both the multigrain and cinnamon raisin were great even with a dab of EB. The everything bar (whatever it was called) was nice but somehow not that filling. Overall, a great resto despite its odd location. :) I would scope it out if I were anywhere near by.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

It is so difficult to find great vegetarian restaurants! We tried this place a few years ago during a visit to Salem (recommended by staff at the Salem Waterfront Hotel) and were not disappointed...we return every year! It's a little place and looks like they have a steady stream of regular customers. The restaurant has always been busy when we've visited, and the food is consistently wonderful. We usually order a sampler platter so we can try a little bit of various things, and the chips and hummus are delicious, as is the homemade guacamole and chips! The service is very friendly and helpful. This is a great place to relax after sightseeing. It's just over the bridge out of Salem (past the Commons) and parking is free and easy. Definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed October 16, 2011

My husband and I were thrilled with the food - fresh delicious, and healthy with a beautiful presentation. We had the pure pad thai, carrot soup, and "ravioli" (which was made out of thinly-sliced beets - so creative!).

The only thing keeping me from giving a 5-star review was the service. Our soup came out fairly quickly and then we waited another 40 minutes for the rest of the food. We were starving! Our server did not seem to notice how long we had been waiting until I inquired about our order. She checked and assured us the "finishing touches" were being put on. Then we waited another 15 minutes--honestly, I think they had forgotten to put the order in the first time.

She did bring us a complimentary snack in the meantime, which was appreciated, but this lunch turned out to be twice as long as we had expected. We would go back, but definitely not if we were in a rush.

Reviewed May 21, 2011

Went here for lunch with my mother who is a big meat eater and husband and had a delicious 3 course lunch. The Indian salad and dressing was really tasty, the salad fresh and delicious - the Vegetable Korma with onion relish was soooo good and dessert was just perfect - my mother couldn't believe how tasty and exotic raw food could be. We got a pizza to go, because the restaurant is more than 60 miles from where we live, but well worth the trip for lunch. My husband enjoyed a glass of wine, my mother had a beer and I had a fresh vegetable juice - everyone was happy. Wish there was one nearer to us, but will definitely make this a regular lunch or dinner spot.

Reviewed June 3, 2010

Randomly found this restaurant through the GPS & was glad that we did. Dinner was pricey but delicious & filling. Leave room for dessert! Staff was friendly & helpful. We had the Shiitake Stir-Fry, Sampler, Chuck Berry Smoothie, Chocolate Macaroon, & Cookie Dough Bar.
Very tasty & a nice treat.

1  Thank Sphinx130