“You MUST LOVE sweet sauce or don't bother”
Review of Little Italy

Little Italy
Ranked #73 of 138 Restaurants in Beverly
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed August 25, 2014

You HAVE to appreciate a pizza w/a VERY sweet sauce.

This used to be one of my favorite pizza places on the North Shore, however I hadn't been in quite a while so I figured I was overdue.

I just ordered a cheese pizza with garlic.

The sauce was even sweeter than I ever remember, too sweet for me who LOVES a sweet sauce pizza. And I was greatly disappointed in the garlic on this pizza. It was the garlic which comes from a jar not fresh garlic. If it had been fresh garlic it would have helped to offset the sweet sauce a bit and make for a good pizza.

I also prefer a more chewy crust as well and this crust was a crunchier crust.

So sadly I was not particularly pleased with this pizza.

1  Thank sarahfina_6

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Best pizza ever and always! Home of the sweet sauce which is so addictive. No other red sauce compares to this! Excellent value. I have to ship to my kids out of state they miss it so much

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Now I just want to start out by saying that if you don't like sweet-sauce pizza you are not going to like it here, so don't waist your time. But, if you do, they will not disappoint! My favorite place for pizza in Beverly. Also, when you order 1 slice of pizza, they actually give you two! Great service, great food, great prices! They are so friendly there, always smiling, and once me and my friends were filming something there for school and they were totally fine with it! Then again, we did order 2 large pizzas as well...Anyways, this is the best pizza I've ever had!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Horrible. If I wanted dessert, I wouldn't have gotten pizza. Made my teeth hurt.
Lots of native Beverly residents swear by this place. This Beverly resident is not among them.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

not even worth an explanation...It's forcing me to write about this place. The only positive I got form this place was leaving hungry, eager to go somewhere else. Yeah, it was a positive. I ended up great. My friends seem to rave about this place, but I can't stand it and find it quite awful. I suppose it depends on your taste. Everybody has a different taste in food.

1  Thank trav3ler17