“Very cozy”

Beverly Depot Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 134 Restaurants in Beverly
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Went here with coworkers on a dreary drizzly March evening. The fireplaces were lit and the ambiance was very welcoming.

Nice selection of beer and food. 2 of us had the beef wellington and 1 a steak and there were no complaints.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I've grown up going to the Depot for prime rib and excellent seafood on special occasions. My husband got us reservations for our 2nd anniversary, and we went to the bar, which we'd never been in before, to have a drink first. When we were offered half-priced apps and to play free trivia, out gut reaction was no thank you, we're here for the steak but, feeling celebratory, thought why not?

Big mistake. We ordered two appetizers to start but our calamari was overcooked and the sauce drizzled over the potato skins was gross and them mostly inedible. That might have been fine - there are bad nights everywhere - but then both of our drinks were poorly mixed.

I don't even want to say I had a horrible time - trivia was pretty fun - but I'm certainly not going to frequent the bar again. Mostly, I had high expectations that were far from met. I'll stick with prime rib in the dining room, thanks very much.

1  Thank megefly
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is our special occasion restaurant, my husband loves the baked scallops, and I always have the prime rib. It is a great value for the money, and the staff are great.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We love this restaurant for it's atmosphere, location (old train depot), and the best salad bar anywhere!!! The variety of choices is excellent, all items are constantly restocked & fresh, blue cheese dressing is amazing, and the huge chunk of cheese and fresh bread on the end delicious! The twice baked potato is always yummy. Now to the steaks...it is always hit or miss with getting your steak the right temp! The steaks are good quality but I like my steak medium rare but a wee bit more to the medium side. Perhaps one in 3 visits they get it right. I will give them credit as they will keep at it till you get it the way you want it! But IMHO, a steak place should get it right the first time! Still the favorite birthday spot '-)

Reviewed August 9, 2012

after a wonderful birthday & just finishing my wonderful Helicopter Ride with "now city tours" from the Beverly airport; my boyfriend took me to the Beverly Depot Restaurant. The gentelman (& I use this word losely) first thing he ask, WITHOUT EVER EVEN LOOKING UP AT US, "can I help you?" as if we were lost. I ask if they serve food, is this a restaurant (I knew it was) Then my boyfriend starts telling me about the lower level, this work at the front jumps in again "yea, that's closed, private party", again without ever even looking up. The ignorance and rudeness he displayed, I refused to spend my money at the BEVERLY DEPOT RESTAURANT

1  Thank Cindy R