“Love the staff!!”

Add it.
The Boardroom Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 13, 2013

When I visit the Boardroom Café one sign stands out to me more than any other, Relax, Rekindle, Refresh. The atmosphere is subdued and the lighting is perfect. The brands concept is delivered with great detail. I visit this café often as I work in the building. I need to go somewhere at times to make private phone calls, unwind, or just step away from my office. Here, I feel warm and welcome.

This staff has remembered my name from my first visit. I always feel so good here and it is a great way to start my day. This café is always spotless, every inch, which is extremely important to me when choosing a place to eat.

Their menu is healthy, diversified ( 5 soups a day) and creative. The displays of their baked goods make my mouth water. I used to give into temptation but decided to eat healthier. Both Stephanie and Shannon have given me great ideas when ordering healthy menu items. Stephanie even created a fat free latte for me which is a big improvement to my extra cream, extra sugar habit.

I probably go in 2 - 3 times a day for coffee, tea and lunch. Even though I offer a dollar tip on my card each time, they graciously, and against my protests, have only taken the tip once a day. This does not sound like a place that overcharges or takes advantage of their customers.

I normally do not read the other comments on Yelp because I want my opinions to be pure and true. However, I was taken aback about the negativity about the pricing and staff members. This place is awesome. If pricing is your driving force, then by all means schlep over to McDonalds or Dunk's. Walk on their sticky floors, dare go in to their restrooms. Cross your fingers about getting your order right due to the language barrier. Then pat yourself on the back for saving one dollar.

Me, I am not going to look too closely over my coffee prices. I will be too busy relaxing, rekindling and refreshing myself in a café that I highly recommend.

1  Thank Maggie B

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Excellent coffees and many to choose form. The bakery goods are fresh and tasty. Prices are reasonable for the excellent quality that you get. I am a regular.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

If you work in Cummings Center, or are there for an appointment, definitely make a point to stop in at the Boardroom Cafe. The interior is fun, with kitschy surfer movies on TVs and a surfboard as a table. It's always bright and cheery inside, even on the grayest of days (which, incidentally, is when it's busiest!) Excellent coffee and iced teas, bagels and breakfast sandwiches in the AM - great variety of sandwiches, paninis, soups and salads for lunch. I love the quiche and the chicken salad - there are always several different kinds of both.