“Excellent place for family, friends or business”
Review of Depot Diner

Depot Diner
Ranked #1 of 139 Restaurants in Beverly
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I have been here multiple times over the years. The best thing is that the food is always great and the quality has not changed. The salad bar is one of the best i have been to, and the seafood is always what I would expect from a coastal town. I will keep coming back each time I visit the area. Excellent place.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Stopped bye Depot Diner yesterday just after noon and had a great lunch. Food is tasty and huge portions. Breakfast served all day is super. If you are in the area stop for a good home cooked meal at this Greek family owned restaurant. Maggie our waitress is the best...

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I don't know why I've never reviewed the Depot Diner. Might have been my fear that if I did, too many people would go. Actually, there is often a line of people waiting outside to get in.

I recently tried their corned beef hash and I believe it is homemade. I asked for it a little crispy, and it was cooked perfectly. Their pancakes are nice and fluffy. I usually get one because they are big. They have a great Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon, sprinkled with a little chopped red onion. At first the idea of red onion made me feel that it would ruin the dish, but it didn't. It added to it. Great combo of flavors. Their steak and eggs are very good also.

I've only been there once for lunch. I had their blackened salmon salad that was good; but if blacked means Cajun to you, like it does to me, ask for hot sauce. I did (Frank's), and it greatly improved the dish. I think they use pepper instead of Cajun spices. There are quite a few older Seniors who eat here, so they do need to be sensitive to their tastes.

This is my go to place for a hearty breakfast.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Expect to wait 15 to 35 minutes to get seated. They don’t take reservations but will take your Cell number and call when your table is ready. Restaurant full of locals who come back again and again. Hard to recommend anything on the menu as it’s all homemade, good and reasonable priced. It's a Breakfast and Lunch place so don’t plan on going to dinner here. If you had lunch here, you will probably not want dinner as you will still be satisfied!!

Reviewed January 10, 2014

eaten here several times but won't be back. Had breakfast there with two other friends and their feeling were the same.... one word GENERIC

Been to Depot Diner? Share your experiences!