“Best Egg Ham & Cheese Sandwich ever!!!”
Review of Depot Diner

Depot Diner
Ranked #1 of 133 Restaurants in Beverly
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Garden City, New York
“Best Egg Ham & Cheese Sandwich ever!!!”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

My wife, daughter and I were in Beverly overnight to visit the Landmark School. We got in late the previous night so I only had a light dinner so I was starving the next morning. We had an early appointment at the school and the Depot Diner was on the other end of Beverly. But the reviews on my search were so good, I rushed my family out of the hotel to the Depot Diner. The Diner is in a strip shopping center. When we arrived it was only about 1/4 full so we were seated immediately. Our waitress was great. She joked about our Long Island accent since her sister was from our area and spoke similarly. Typically I would order an egg platter for breakfast with some pancakes in lieu of toast, but for some reason I was feeling like an egg sandwich. I ordered mine with ham & cheese on sourdough toast. Now, I know an egg sandwich isn't gourmet fare, and I eat eggs 2 or 3 days a week, but this was the very best egg sandwich I ever had. Maybe it was because I was so hungry? The eggs tasted fresh, the bread, bakery fresh. The cheese was a little milder than what I was used to in NY so it was a pleasant surprise too. The coffee was great also. My family got the more traditional french toast and pancakes and they enjoyed their breakfast as well. Needless to say, we were about 10 minutes late to our appointment, but I'd trade that 10 minutes for such a wonderful breakfast every time.

• Visited January 2012

Been to Depot Diner? Share your experiences!