“Authentic little Mexican place with weak margaritas”
Review of Cielito Lindo Grille - CLOSED

Cielito Lindo Grille
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“Authentic little Mexican place with weak margaritas”
Reviewed February 4, 2011

I first tried Cielito Lindo at the recommendation of a co-worker, and I loved it right away! The handmade guacamole was definitely my favorite. The menu offers a pretty decent selection and I wasn't disappointed. I've gone back a few times, but the last time my boyfriend and I went we ordered a pitcher of their classic margarita. Since I've consistently had excellent food, I figured their homemade margaritas must be just as good. Unfortunately what we got was a pitcher of sweet and sour mix with some lime juice. Hated to do it, but we sent it back and got Coronas instead. I guess it's just expected that a delicious little Mexican restaurant like Cielito Lindo should deliver on their margaritas as well. Better luck next time!

• Visited September 2010
1 Thank fancyAmanda

Manchester-by-the-Sea, Massachusetts
“Best Mexican north of the border”
Reviewed March 2, 2010

The only place I have had better Mexican was south of San Diego. Seriously, this is not your run of the mill chain Mexican food. This is authentic, fresh and reliably excellent quality. Definitely look into the specials, but you'd be remiss if you did not get the made-to-order guacamole or the Burrito del Patron (which the menu says "no substitutions, just order it" and it's right!)

The staff are awesome....they remember us by name and what we usually order. Love that!

This is my go-to place for an awesome meal, so I"m hesitant to be so effusive with my praise, but it really deserves to be higher than #30 in Beverly!

1 Thank amybatt
Narragansett, Rhode Island
“Great place!”
Reviewed September 19, 2009

This is an amazing Mexican restaurant. Try one of their nightly specials. The food is very fresh- best guacamole ever! The waitstaff is great and the prices are very reasonable- we love it.

1 Thank cafriend
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Not many great Mexican places around here, but this tiny place on Cabot St., is about the best around. Guacamole is...”
Reviewed January 25, 2009

Not many great Mexican places around here, but this tiny place on Cabot St., is about the best around. Guacamole is made to order.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook