“Nothing else in the area. Pity”
Review of Bella Notte Ristorante - CLOSED

Bella Notte Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

The restaurant is off a side road, down a forest track. Fantastic views over forests. The restaurant is a modern building with a restaurant and party function rooms. Poor service, mediocre food. Veal Marsala. Sole Florentine. Filet Mignon. Nothing well done. $80 for three with no starters or deserts.

1  Thank JNWSuisse

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Bella Notte's driveway winds through the woods and then...the view! The restaurant itself is very inviting and understated with well-spaced tables. The service was extraordinarily kind.

Our vegetarian friends were very happy with their fried mozzarella apps and eggplant rollatini main courses. My husband's filet mignon arrived overdone and, despite the fact that it's a pricy item, the staff hastened to replace it with multiple apologies. My seafood cappellini had a very generous selection of very fresh shellfish, though the white "sauce" was quite bland. I probably should have had it with "red" sauce. Salads were ample and super fresh.
Desserts included ice cream casatta (when's the last time you saw THAT on a menu?) and a very good raspberry cheesecake. Profiteroles were "decorated" with a mass of squeeze-bottle squiggles like a bad Jackson Pollack instead of a tasteful garnish, but the pastries themselves were OK.
The huge menu is very very traditional old school Italian. No surprises, no delights but really just fine. We'll go there again to try some of their MANY chicken and veal dishes.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I went to this restaurant with friends after an afternoon musical event in Guilford, VT. It was a perfect late summer evening, ideal for such an outing.. This was the third time I'd been to this location, and each time the restaurant was under a different name. Certainly the setting, with an unobstructed panoramic view to the western hills, could contribute to a gold mine for the right owners and restaurant concept. The current management seems quite good, with attentive and personable wait staff.

My entree was linguine con vongoli, good and plentiful, garnished with several clams still in shells. Dessert was the chocolate cheesecake, which was quite tasty. The other entrees looked good, too.

One minor glitch was finding the place, as large enough signage is lacking at the turn off the main route. I also had some trouble on the way out, as I couldn't remember whether the turn was right or left. I made the wrong choice, and my GPS went with it, rather than correcting the course to the shortest way to route 91. That added at least 20 minutes to my trip home to Springfield. Fortunately it was a beautiful moonlit drive, so the prolongation was not unpleasant.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The views are the best in the valley. The setting is isolated--away from the fray-- and the menu and bar are fantastic. There is dancing on Friday and Saturday nights. People come from all over. Older night is Friday. Young/hip-hip/club music on Saturday.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Ok, so I am impulsive! After reading the great reviews about this restaurant, what could I do? First, the GPS could not find the place and I ended up at the golf course. When I finally arrrived, I realised I had been there years ago during a different ownership and the magnificent view was still magnificent! The staff was very friendly, efficient and very polite (and also very attractive, all of them!)

The house wine is a good value. The salad was of the "diner" variety, an unexpected lapse; a single cucumber slice and tomato wedge of the pale and stiff winter variety. Where are all the gorgeous summer tomatoes? I chose a special, vitello con tre funghi. The veal was light and well prepared; the oyster, portabella and shitake musrooms were delicious and literally swimming in a lip-smacking sauce. The side dish, penne with marinara, was just that. I don't really like penne and would have preferred a simple dish of linguini with olive oil, salt and pepper with a dusitng of parmesan cheese. Perhaps it was available but no choice was offered and I did not ask.

The forever view is incredible and my entertainment was a lone bunny rabbit eating its salad on the lawn. I cannot say enough about the lovely staff - social and engaging without being intrusive. All in all, much better than eating home alone!