“An oasis in the woods”

The Farm Table
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Bernardston
Cuisines: American, French, Gastropub, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Farm Table offers honest nourishment for the body and elegant respite for the soul. Look around you. The candlelit spaces, open-hearth oven, and comforting fireplaces speak wordlessly of a quieter, simpler time in New England history.
Reviewed July 11, 2014

My husband, in-laws, and I were out for a drive and stumbled upon this place for a late lunch. It is excellent. We started off with our usual unsweetened iced tea which was anything but usual. They had two types- peach ginger and berry. We tried both. They were served in old styled milk bottles and were very tasty. My mother in-law and I tried the wheatberry salad with chicken. My husband had the quiche of the day and my father in-law had the Rueben sandwich special. All were delicious! The desserts were also fabulous (honey creme brûlée, berry trifle, chocolate trio, and vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce). The meal was a little pricey, but definitely well worth it :-)

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

We have visited Kringle Candle before but not had a meal at The Farm Table. So, while at our lake house in New Hampshire my husband, our neighbor (who had never been to Kringle Candle) and I drove the hour south to Bernardston, MA. Kringle Candle is right off rt 91. As a destination, it is lovely. Personally, I feel that the candles are quite superior to Yankee Candles. The shops are very nice. The Farm Table Restaurant is partially housed in an original Colonial federal style house. Other rooms have been added with meticulous attention to detail. The wine list and menu are quite up to date. Between the three of us we had quiche (served with a side salad of baby greens and a vinegrette ), the Farm Salad and a small plate of fried oysters with an inventive coleslaw, and a Reuben sandwich with homemade chips and garnish. We all enjoyed our choices. The service was spot on. I suspect that the kitchen is run by a very experienced chef with a well trained staff. Thank you, Joe, our server. We look forward to returning to Farm Table and Kringle Candle.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I have been to the Farm Table for brunch and lunch, but I don't ever recall coming for dinner. I have to say that this was one of the most perfect dining experiences that I have ever had.

Reservations were a snap. This place can get busy, so it's best to call ahead for a table. I made reservations on line. Super quick and easy. We were a party of 6. Our table was ready when we arrived and we were seated immediately. Our waitstaff was friendly and efficient.

They have a nice size beverage menu with lots of wines, beer, and spirits. They also have a decent list of speciality cocktails. I think the name of the drink I ordered was called the smoke shop margarita. This was very interesting. It smelled like BBQ smoke and had a slight bit of heat to it from the habanero infused tequila. It was served in a cocktail tumbler with a lime wedge and salt on the rim. I managed to enjoy two of these during my dinner. Others at my table ordered a dark and stormy and the sangria special. Every said their drinks were great!

The appetizers sounded too tempting to pass up. I struggled to select the one for me, but ended up getting the fried calamari with fra diavolo marinara sauce. This was a pretty big portion that I ended up sharing with others at my table. Perfectly fried, lightly coated, tender calamari dipped in marinara that had some zip to it hit the spot to start off my evening meal. Also ordered for appetizers at my table were oysters on the half shell, spicy shrimp with chorizo, and the watermelon tomato gazpacho. Not a drop or morsel was left, so it must all have been delicious.

My dinner choice was the chicken breast hunters style. A perfectly cooked, pan seared chicken breast with mushroom and tomatoes atop a nice bed of creamy, cheesy grits. Yeah...this was incredibly good and I finished all but a small portion of the grits. Two at my table ordered brick oven pizzas, two ordered the English pea and mushroom risotto, and one ordered the brined pork chop. Honestly, everything looked fabulous. Very little was left on anyone plates when we were finished.

I was pretty standard in my dessert choice on this evening and selected the creme brulee. This was a honey creme brulee which was outstanding.

The Farm Table can be a bit pricey, so I save my visits for special occasions. The six of us had drinks, appetizers, entrees, and desserts for about $260. The quality is exceptional and the food is creative. Lots of local products find their way into the food here. Outdoor dining is available when the weather permits. On the warm early evening that we visited many patron were enjoying their meals in the fresh air.

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful scenic area, lovely building & delicious, delicious food. Everyone in my party agreed. Enough said.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Owned by Kringle Candles, this special facility surpasses the one at Yankee candle by far. First of all, the atmosphere is so comfortable and upscale, which was not at all expected. The menu is so diverse and appeals to any taste. Whether you want unique cuisine or just basic burgers, the chef is highly creative and seems to have limitless new ideas. Like the idea he visits the patrons to chat, and those who filled this pretty packed facility were eager to provide their comments. Even the drink selection is hard to resist! If I lived in this area, I am sure that I would visit often-- and I have been to hundreds. Even our waitress was super friendly, and made great suggestions which we took. Of course, you gotta pay the price, but it was worth every dollar. Enclosed by perfect surroundings, I can't say enough about our visit.

1  Thank Richard P