“Great Food”

The Farm Table
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Bernardston
Cuisines: American, French, Gastropub, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Farm Table offers honest nourishment for the body and elegant respite for the soul. Look around you. The candlelit spaces, open-hearth oven, and comforting fireplaces speak wordlessly of a quieter, simpler time in New England history.
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Love this restaurant! Have been there three times now. Twice for dinner and once for lunch. The food every time was delicious. The atmosphere is also very interesting and calming. Old farm house with many features still original. A little pricy but I would rather pay more for delicious food than to pay less for so so food. Plan on going again.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

My fiance and I came here the other day and once again we were not disappointed. Amazing food, amazing service and I love the atmosphere. A perfect place to go for any special occasion.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

On a journey from Wilton, CT to Burlington, VT this restaurant provides a convenient half way stop point. Immaculately turned out the ex farmhouse complex provides candle, chocolates and gifts, but the main reason for stopping here is the excellent Farmers Table restaurant. Served by attentive and well turned out wait staff, the food was innovative and beautifully presented. The ambience in the converted barn reflects it's rural heritage and the whole experience is much recommended !

Reviewed June 16, 2014

A seasonal change in menus brought new choices. We have dined at the Farm Table a dozen times. The four of us shared three apps, cheese plate - all tasty, lamb kebobs - yummy and a tuna sushi (sort of) that was an interesting adventure. The four of us without consultation each ordered the rib eye steak. The steak was perfectly prepared, the potatoes were good if unimaginative and finally, some asparagus grilled correctly not some burnt offering. Ordered macchiato which is not on the menu. The cups arrived perfectly prepared and quickly. When you can please an eleven-year old and a CIA trained chef at the same table, you are doing well.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Found a brochure for the Farm Table in our hotel's lobby and decided to try it out for lunch. It was overcast and drizzly but the gorgeous gardens surrounding the property were very cheery. Inside, a beautiful farmhouse - we sat near the fireplace which was lit and added great ambiance. Menu is filled with intriguing items. I was curious about the warm olives so, of course, I had to try them. We were served a cast iron crock of various types of green & black olives (not the canned rubbery kind) that had been house-marinated then heated in their wood burning oven. They were amazing! (My swollen ankles were so worth the salt!). Briny, smoky morsels of goodness! Can't wait to get them again. Then, my conservative husband had a Cuban sandwich which he was very pleased with. I ordered the "Fig Pig" pizza and house salad. This house salad is not your ordinary house salad - very fresh greens, pickled onions (yum) and a very tasty vinagrette. I am not a fan of pizza but the Fig Pig interested me - wood baked, delicious crust, topped with fig jam, prosciuto, arugula & blue cheese. Salty, sweet and delicious! Definitely will return when in the area!