“port in a storm”

The Inn at Crumpin-Fox
Ranked #1 of 1 Bernardston B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 1, 2011

this is a good, unassuming stop. large rooms, quiet, and modestly priced. they do whatever they can to make you comfortable. my only complaint was that the mattress was not great- acceptable, but I would have preferred a more comfortable one.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank burlbeach

Reviewed October 25, 2011

This was my first time to the area, and traveling solo, I felt very secure in this building! The exteriors are clean and brick, with a security door. I loved the beds and bedding - which was very luxurious! The room was huge and comfortable, and I appreciated the large HDTV with lots of premium channels. The continental breakfast and available coffee/tea/cocoa was much appreciated. All in all a big winner! I also liked the easy access to the highway.

Room Tip: If you want extra security ask for the "indoor" rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Mountaingoatlodge
Reviewed October 7, 2011

The rooms here are huge! We had two full/queen beds, bathroom, tv, hair dryer, table with chairs, window seat and free breakfast. Gerry was a great host and I would recommend this place to anyone looking for someplace to stay for a great price.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank loves2travelBoston
Reviewed October 3, 2011

High marks for size of room, free and powerful wireless internet, continental breakfast and all day coffee/hot chocolate. At $99 weekdays and $119 weekends, the rooms are reasonable compared to the dismal Quality Inn (which is priced higher) in Greenfield. There are better quality B and Bs and higher-end hotels in the area, but they are asking for much more. The room we stayed in had a cathedral ceiling which made the already spacious room feel bigger and there was a very relaxing view of woods. It is a stone's throw from the ramp to Highway 91, so there is easy access to wherever you need to go.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the same level as the office, for the high ceilings
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank leevidaga
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We had no problems at all. The room was very clean, spacious. No fee for internet. Outside rockers and chairs were nice as we had a large group and would sit outside at night. Office was open for coffee or tea. Management was very accommodating
The towels were better than what you would get at a higher end hotel. The bedding was very comfortable.
I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank TKALL17
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We were looking for a place to stay around Greenfield, MA. Unfortunately, the Hampton Inn there was looking for nearly $200 a night and the rest of the hotels there are much lower quality.

Fortunately, we found the Inn at Crumpin Fox. Very comfortable and accommodating. However, without the new tv's, beds, carpet and new management, it was probably sub par in the past.

I would have no problem recommending the facility.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RickR
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Just got back from a 9 girl overnight golf and stay trip to Crumpin Fox Golf Club and the Inn at Crumpin Fox. Also dined at Bella Notte restaurant. EVERYTHING was great. The course is challenging but scenic and fun. The golf course, inn and restaurant are all conveniently located within a 1 or so mile drive of each other. The staff at all 3 places couldn't have been nicer. I understand the inn has been recently renovated (maybe over last winter???) and it was clean, comfortable and updated. The inn doesn't have a pool but we didn't care. And they have a great ice machine too. And when I needed housekeeping for something they were there immediately. I couldn't have been happier with it all. I told my husband we need to do a trip there.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank EileenD56

Been to The Inn at Crumpin-Fox? Share your experiences!