“Fine dining experience”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed June 9, 2012

This is the second time in three months that I've been to Savinos. My husband and I didn't feel like cooking and went early on a Saturday night.
Service was what I would call gentle.... just right, not aggressive. We started with mussels, extremely flavorful in a broth with tiny potatoes and capers, very generous portion. I had salmon, my husband had monkfish...cooked beautifully and absolutely delicious.
It's our new favorite place.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Savino's Grill is a pleasant local restaurant with Mediterranean cuisine that we often frequent with family or friends. The kitchen is open to view the chefs at work. My favorites are the fish stew and the flank steak. They have an excellent flan which is also a favorite.

1  Thank SJRJ66
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Savino's is pretty new to the Belmont restaurant scene. As I just moved here several weeks ago, I thought it was time to take a visit and see what the fuss was about. Happily, Savino's lived up to expectations. I went with friends and my 16 yr old on a friday nite during food week, for a really tasty dinner. From cocktails, to reasonably priced and excellent win, to some very well prepared food. It was a success in all ways. The restaurant is quiet, so it is easy to have conversations without having to shout or be mis-understood. The decor is very nice, service was fine if not over attentive at times. Dinner came out perfectly paced and no one at the table left much on the plate. Because of food week, some of the apps were a tad small, but that is understandable due to it's more of a tasting menu and not full portions. The entrees were fine and filling.

On the pricey side, but an enjoyable and memorable dinner out.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is a great restaurant. The food is very good and the service is top notch. Plenty of parking nearby. We went mid-week and although there were only a few tables with customers it still seemed lively and vibrant.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

The food was OK but the service was really horrible at Savino's during restaurant week. It took 3 hours for a party of four to have two courses from the price fixed menu... only two courses because they ran out of most of the dessert options. In the end they barely wanted to adjust the bill, and the chief/owner wasn't even man enough to come out and discuss it. It's right down the street, but we won't be back... ever!

1  Thank Bob G