“Golf and Lobster”

Cold Spring Country Club
Reviewed June 24, 2014

This is the second year in a row our association has had our Golf Tournament here. I hope they never change. The course is Beautiful and the Staff is very Accommodation.The food here is very good also.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I had a chance to play the front nine in the beginning of May. I have to say, I was intrigued just driving onto the property. This will be a longish review, as I deem the facility worthy.
Greeted warmly, I asked some questions. Seems as the place has moved through several owners, it was finally completed and opened in 2012. And they have done a wonderful job. Be warned, you need to be a regular walker if you do as I did, as there are some elevation changes, starting with the big downhill first hole. I was pleased at the design of the course, and I have to say, they have the most wonderful bunkers/sand north of Myrtle beach. I'm not sure where they get their sand (I'll be calling later today to find out), but it's powdery, and white, and very playable.
Now, onto the cons. The course is 'young', and since I can't give 4 1/2 points, I couldn't quite give it a '5', though I wanted to. It's apparent that a couple more seasons of growth will help a great deal on the fairways, and help to mature the greens as well. Some parts I saw have almost a links feel, where there is little to guide you visually, and others have growth issues as it winds through the woods. This is not a complaint. Every indication is the present folks are working hard to bring this place to a very high level. The layout of the course is thoughtful and challenging, and like most good courses, the choice of tees can make it more or less difficult, and that's just perfect. Fees are quite reasonable.
I did not play the back nine due to time, and only spent a minute looking around the grill, but the clubhouse and all fixtures seem well done.
I will certainly find this place again. It's a bit off the beaten path for my area, but I believe a real gem that is getting polished with more sun and a bit of time. I very much recommend finding this course as I believe it will begin to show up on lists of the best around.