“This hotel is just fine, nothing special...”

DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bedford
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 21, 2010

This hotel is just fine, nothing special. Lots of big, industrial parks around not much to see. I was disappointed with the service I received. Seems like they roll out the B crew during weekends when most business travelers are away. We ordered a movie from the room, the price was $15. Not cheap but not bad either. The problem was the image was terrible, lots of diagonal lines across the screen. We called the front desk and they had no idea of what to do. Also, when we checked in we were given a voucher for free breakfast which we appreciated. When we called the front desk to inquire about breakfast hours we were told it ended at 9am.  Really? 9 am on a weekend? Anyway, we were told we could apply the voucher to a portion of the cost of Sunday brunch (the voucher's small print  included this as well). Sounded reasonable. The problem was when we tried to pay they server rudely refused to apply the voucher and told us to speak to the front desk. When we did we were told there wasn't anything they could do. That we were misinformed. Sounds like a scam to get you to pay $20 per person for breakfast.

As a Hilton Honors diamond member I won't be staying here again. The Hampton Inn and Suites is across the street. Better service, great suites, no misinformation.

• Stayed: September 2010

Reviewed August 9, 2010

I stayed here on Business for w week in July, Great hotel, great buffett breakfast and facilities. I would not recommend this hotel if you are a tourist wanting to see Boston, it is very much away from the centre with no good public transport links to the centre. This is a shame as Boston is great city worth seeing so this is a downside for business travellers as well that get any spare time.

The hotel itself is great, rooms are large, excellent facilites. Just a shame the location could be better.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Beautifully appointed hotel with a luxurious layout and large indoor pool. Tennis Court and Fitness center included.
Breakfast buffet was great. Free fresh warm chocolate chip cookies upon checkin.
Starbucks in the lobby. Well situated for Boston and areas north, at a much less expensive room rate. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2010

Didn't even rate an invite to a manager's reception...been a while since my HHonors Diamond status has been so inconsequential to my stay. It may have gotten me a room on the 1/2 acre near the front desk but certainly nothing more.

A nice place to stay but certainly fell a bit in my eyes...just another place now.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2010

This is such a NICE hotel. If it were downtown Boston, it would be a 300.00 plus per night rate. WELL worth the drive to the ALEWIFE T station. The rooms are beautiful, the staff great and the food in the restaurant superb. Life is good at the Doubletree Bedford!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2010

We stayed here for a wedding in town. The pictures on line were really nice and the rating was impressive. Pulling up to the building I have to say the outside does not have a lot of curb appeal but the inside is really nice. It is clean, modern, and very attractive. Our room was a good size and overlooked a courtyard. It is a large, spreadout hotel but there are signs at every corner to help you. The amenities were plentiful and the cost of the room service and on site restaurant were fairly reasonable. Bed was confortable and the sheets were crisp and clean. Nice to have a flat panel on the wall.
The things that we did not like were minor but should be noted. The coffee shop was not open on the weekends, the bathtub had rust stains on the bottom, and we had requested foam pillows but were left with only feather (but 5 of them). Otherwise it is a place we would recommend for the area.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2010

I was planning my wedding in the Boston area and had a huge problem finding a place that matched mu budget. When I visited the Bedford Glen hotel, I immediately had a great feeling about the place. The package that was offered included a lot more things than most hotels I spoke with - even the centerpieces were included! But the real gem about this place is the staff. The wedding coordinator they have, Jocelyn, was amazing. She always listened to me and had everything done the way I wanted it, and never once told me how I should have my wedding. They even let us meet our photographer there to go over photo options and while we were there, a different staff member got us drinks and gave us a private tour of the place. On our wedding day, everything went flawlessly thanks to Jocelyn and her attention to detail. The room was beautifully decorated and a lot of people commented on how great the food was. It was definitely a step up from most wedding cuisine. A lot of our guests ended up staying over as well, since the rooms were reasonably priced. Everyone commented on how great the hotel was to them as well. The rooms were all newly rennovated and a great value for the price. What I really appreciated most about this place was that even though we didn't spend a ton of money compared to most other weddings, we were still treated like royalty through the whole process. I've never been to a hotel that was more accomodating. If you go with this place for your wedding, you will not be sorry.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston - Billerica
Hampton Inn Boston Bedford Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington
Sonesta ES Suites Burlington
Boston Marriott Burlington
Boston Marriott Burlington
#4 of 8 in Burlington
HYATT house Boston/Burlington

Been to DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen? Share your experiences!