“Hilton standards for a good price”

DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bedford
GreenLeadersBronze level
Zurich, Switzerland
“Hilton standards for a good price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2010

The rooms are very confortable and the hotel has a nice big pool (small gym, though)

The Burlington Mall is easily reachable using the complimentary hotel shuttle service.

Downtonw Boston is about 45mins to 1hr drive away - expect heavy traffic during the rush-hours.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Salem, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2010

Just stayed at this property again. When I first started staying there the property was a luxury Marriott Renaisance property and the price was close to $200 per night. The new owners have completely renovated the property and the price is closer to $100 per night (on weekends). Fantastic huge swimming pool with huge jacuzzi, luxury health club, comp wi-fi, gourmet chef-run restaurant, big outdoor patio with hiking trails, fridges in the room, free shuttles with in five miles, and located very close to the national parks in Concord and Lexington. Ridiculously friendly and helpful employees who really know their jobs. Nothing is ever a hassle here. In my humble opinion you are getting a luxury property with all the bells and whistles at a discount hotel rate. Bring the kids, go to the national parks (or the big malls nearby), splash in the pool, then mom and dad can hit the martini bar and have a lovely dinner by firelight. What's not to love? Oh yeah, and free parking.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
White Mountains, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2010

I stayed at the Doubletree in Bedford, MA on business for the last few days and it is the best hotel experience I've ever had. Here is why:

* Comfortable: I want to take the mattress home. It is very comfortable and is made with a stock of five nice pillows with varying firmness. I was not afraid to pull the comforter up to my face in fear of catching some nasty disease either. The desk chair was a Herman Miller Celle (http://www.hermanmiller.com/Products/Celle-Chairs) - very comfortable and a pleasure to sit in while doing work for a few hours.

* Clean: I didn't find a single speck of mold, hair, cobweb, dirt, or stain.

* Courteous: From check-in to check-out and every call I made to the front desk, even the networking tech support guy was pleasant, professional and treated me like I mattered.

* Convenient: My work was with a company across the parking lot. You can't get closer than that. Also, the areas restaurants are very tasty (I recommend Flatbread).

Here are a few requests that I made that were met with nothing short of excellent service:

* The first night the air conditioner cycled on and off periodically keeping me awake (I'm used to constant white noise at home). I tried setting the wall thermostat to 50 degrees hoping it would stay on all night. I'd be cold in the morning but at least I'd sleep. After that failed, I called the front desk and asked if something could be done. Without having to explain, they sent an "engineer" up to the room to flip a switch on the unit putting it in manual mode. I was then able to control it using the dials. Set it on low fan and slept like a rock.

* I went out to a local mexican restaurant (Margarita's) and ended up taking leftovers back to the hotel. The next day I needed a way to heat up my burrito that was in an aluminum take-out tray. Called the front desk and not only did they send up a microwave free of charge but also provided a microwavable dinner plate, plastic ware and napkins.

* On the second day I opened my laptop to get on the wireless network and it wasn't working. I called the provided tech support number and spoke with a nice gentleman who was able to troubleshoot and fix the problem in less than 2-minutes. As a systems administrator, I can appreciate the professionalism he showed. He even supported my Mac!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2010

We stayed here to visit Boston,which is a 1/2 hour drive. The staff was very attentive to our needs. The pool was a good distance away as the hotel is spread out.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank ct490
Boston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2010

I have recently taken to writing hotel reviews given my busy travel schedule and the good tips I have received from others' reviews in making my own travel plans.

I stayed one night here during New Year of this year and I must say it was less than satisfactory. First of all, let me say that I am reasonable enough to know that New' Years eve is bound to attract people who stay in hotels one night a year and so, don't know how to behave. Despite that, the walls in this hotel are so thin, you could hear everything going on in the room next door. Incredibly noisy.....to say the least. Even when someone is closing their door in the hallway it sounds as if it is right next to you.
There were people outside yelling at 7AM in the morning with no security person available to stop them. Incomprehensible, in my opinion
When I mentioned it to the front desk people, they were helpful enough but the damage was done. Part of running a relaxing hotel is forseeing your customers needs and averting problems before they happen.

The common areas were clean enough although there is no place to purchase anything other than the restaurant. It is a fair distance from downtown Boston so if you are working in the city, this could be a problematic commute. I would not stay here again unless I was desperate and the price was the same or cheaper than the 60 dollars I paid on Priceline.

The breakfast was decent but certainly not the best I've had and the service was barely adequate.

Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2009

This is my choice when I stay in the Burlington MA area. Their breakfast is very good - to include french toast and various meats, breads, they even have smoked salmon, really fresh fruit, and these yummy frittatas. And waiters tend to you and you eat on china not styrofoam plates (breakfast was included in my rate). I like that they're full service, so if I don't want to go out on a cold night (although there are a TON of great restaurants within a short drive) I won't starve. They have a restaurant/bar and room service. There's also a seafood restaurant across the street that I hear is very good. If you stay request a courtyard view. I will warn that I noticed some rooms I believe on the 3rd floor furthest from the entrance had a loud a/c unit in the hall (assume you could hear it in the rooms, but not sure) but in the rooms near the front and middle where I stayed (3 times total) it was quiet (save one night there were some rude and roudy guests having conversation outside my door - but that wasn't the hotels fault. I raved about this hotel to a co-worker, and she stayed there and is now sold for all future trips as well. Also note the hotel is really spread out. There are alternate entrances besides the main one, but if you're really finnicky about walking I guess you might possibly have a complaint. I enjoyed it though. Oh, and there was live music in the bar of the restaurant one night that was SO nice :o) The chair and ottoman are leather which is nice for the germophobic like myself. The flat screen tv is great of course. Okay, guess that's it.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Torrance, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2009

Stayed here for an overnight trip for an interview. GREAT is all I can say. Clean rooms, restaurant was good, had all the amenities, including an office area for surfing and printing. If anyone's holding a conference or visiting nearby, I would HIGHLY recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Hampton Inn Boston Bedford Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston - Billerica
HYATT house Boston/Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington
Boston Marriott Burlington
Boston Marriott Burlington
#4 of 6 in Burlington
Sonesta ES Suites Burlington

Been to DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen? Share your experiences!