“Night away from the kids”

DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bedford
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tewksbury, United States
“Night away from the kids”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

When we arrived 2hours early our room was already for us to check in to. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Everything was clean (room, linens carpets, pool area etc.) They have a shuttle bus to take you where you want to go within 5 miles and there are plenty of restaurants and shopping in the area, which was a good thing because we would have liked to stay at the bar and have a couple of drinks but the atmosphere wasn't right for us, there was no one there. I guess that's because it is more business orientated.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

lynne_luongo, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thanks for the great review, and you are right, our bar is generally quite busy during the week. I appreciate your business and hope to see you again.
Lynne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Saugus, United States
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Lay out of hotel was terrible, nothing was close, it felt like i had to walk forever to get to pool or lobby from my room. Room lights worked intermittenly. Also i found a sock behind the curtain off the room we were staying in.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I am so disappointed about the sock! Will pass on to my housekeeping team. Thanks for letting me know.
Charleston, United States
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This is an outstanding hotel, with a very professional and friendly staff. Romms and facilities were very clean. The Soro restaurant had excellent food and Friday night lobster night was outstanding both food and valus.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Room 2118-one night-Saturday, May 11, 2013. We got a great price on a room ($94 plus tax for a king standard) but were upgraded to a Junior Suite because of our Hilton Honors Gold status. Check-in was slow but very friendly(we received our yummy cookies), and she wasn’t sure what was ready so she had to call housekeeping. It was worth the 10 minute wait, but since it was almost 4 pm, they should have been more aware. The room was not too far from the side entrance so we parked there. One complaint is that there is no ramp for the stairs at that door so you have to lug your suitcase up about 15 stairs. We were on the same level as the lobby but had to take the elevator 1 flight up to get to that level from the side parking lot. This was the area around many of the conference rooms. I remember Thoreau and Alcott, but there were a dozen or so. I walked to the lobby to use the printer. My key did not open the business center door, but someone in there let me in. There are 2 terminals, and one was available. I almost gave up on getting Internet Explorer to open, but it finally did. I accessed my Delta account and printed my boarding passes for the next day, but it didn’t give me the free drink coupon that I always get at home when I haven’t been upgraded so no free drink, but I really didn’t need one anyway so no big loss, but I digress. The suite was divided in two large areas by a sectional room divider that included a tv on each side. Television channels were sparse at 26 choices after the 60 or so I could choose from at the Hampton Inn in Westford the night before. The local channels were available plus several of the news channels, a few sports channels (but no ESPNU which had a college lacrosse game on that I wanted to watch), a weather channel, the History Channel, TNT, TBS, and two HBO channels so no major complaints really. We had just been spoiled by a different Hilton brand and better selections on HBO the prior nights, which wasn’t the hotel’s fault, of course. On the left side of the room, there were two chairs, a sofa with bed, I think but I didn’t open to check, and a table. The chairs had leather backs so I put a large towel over it so I wouldn’t stick as I lounge just in shorts. Speaking of towels, there were more than enough provided and a few very large ones, which was very nice. When you entered the double doors leading from hallway to room, there was a walk-in closet on the right with iron and ironing board and plenty of room to hang and store everything. On the left was the bathroom, which had a sink, toilet, and tub/shower combo. Another inconvenience for this hefty person was the positioning of the toilet. It wasn’t exactly centered in the area planned for the toilet, and the toilet paper holder stuck into my knee when I sat on the toilet. If they rearrange the bathrooms, they need to move the toilet closer to the center (maybe slightly left of center, which is always a good position) and away from the 4-6 inch wide toilet paper holder. I bet you don’t read that suggestion too often. Very nice amenities were provided. I took everything but the shower cap for future use. In the sectional under the tv was an area to store things as well as a much appreciated safe. I didn’t have to carry my laptop with me every time I left the room. To the right of the sectional divider was an area with the coffee pot, a microwave, and a small fridge. There was no sink. To the left of the divider was a long series of windows and curtains plus 2 air condition units. They were loud but did a great job. You could control each one separately so it would be possible to have the bed side and the living room side slightly different temps, but there was no wall so it is not possible to have complete separation of the climate control. There was a king sized bed with a comfortable mattress and a soft duvet cover. There were 4 good pillows. Most, if not all, of the lamps had built in outlets so that was a big plus! Also on the bedroom side was a desk with computer access. I didn’t need to use that area since I was traveling for leisure and had my laptop with wifi. The wifi signal was very weak-only 2 bars. I wasn’t able to send a picture from my phone and had to use the data component on my phone to send one. I always try to send and receive pictures when I’m in a free wifi area to save on data costs. Because of our Gold status, the wifi was free as well as our breakfast. We also received 2 bottles of water in our room and the upgrade mentioned. Even though there were parties in many of the conference rooms, I heard no outside noise from the room. I didn’t even hear people walking by or slamming doors nearby. I did see the map of the property and understand why one previous reviewer found it a hike to his/her room, whose number was included in her review. I wouldn’t have been thrilled if we would have had to walk that far either. The breakfast buffet that we received was normally priced at $16.95 plus tax per person and was not worth that much, in my opinion. There were breads, fruits, juices, bacon and 2 types of sausage, scrambled and boiled eggs, and potatoes plus a little bit more. They did make eggs to order so I had 3 over medium which were good but took a long time to make. I didn’t ask if they made omelets, but they should at that price! Service was slow to those who weren’t ordering off the menu, it appeared. In summary about breakfast, I wouldn’t do it unless it was included. Status is nice! Overall, the property showed its age. I would guess early 70’s-about 40-45 years old. The bathroom was good except for the toilet location, but it was still an old building with modern touches missing such as a sink by the coffee pot and microwave. For the price and with our status, I would definitely stay here again. The people were all very friendly, especially those cleaning and making deliveries to the rooms. One gentleman went out of his way to help me find the ice machine, which was just down the hall. One concern was the housekeeper who was so happy to help, but she never asked for proof that it was our room when we were having a little trouble getting the card to open the door. It is quiet and isolated as others have said but still close enough to the Burlington Mall area for dinner or a shopping trip. A car is needed as nothing is within a mile or so. I highly recommend if you can get a great price and have status with Hilton!

Room Tip: if you have problems walking, ask for one close to an entrance. If you can't climb stairs or ar...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
This is a great detailed review. Thank you! I have noted the issues and will discuss with all of the right managers to fix. I appreciate your business, and hope you do visit again.
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was great! Clean and very stylish. Convenient place to stay if you are going to Lexington, Concord and Minute Man National Park. The staff was very courteous. The complimentary cookie was a treat. Only stayed overnight but did appreciate the free wifi and use of the business center (print boarding pass). Though I did not use them, the hotel does have its own restaurant, provide room service, and has a fitness center.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
lynne_luongo, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thanks a lot! Hope to see you again.
Norwich, Connecticut
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Hallways musty but room was clean; great shower. Elevators not working properly and actually got stuck in one with no phone working- thankfully had my cell. Dinner food was just okay. Breakfast buffet was excellent. Water leaked on me from a skylight. Bills were totally messed up on check out.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Well this is not good at all. We have been renovating our hotel and the musty smell must have been from the removal of the old carpet as it is all now new. Thanks for letting me know about a leaky skylight, I will have the engineering team track it down and get it repaired. The elevator floors were also being replaced and I am aware that we had some failures in that area. Very disappointed in the billing issues. Thanks again for bringing this all to my attention. Please know that this is not our "normal" and give us another try!
Irvine
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Easy to get reach. Peaceful. Great breakfast buffet. Fitness Center is an awesome health club. Plus that cookie is still amazing. The staff was healthful. They just need to invest in a few more luggage carts.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your comment on the luggage carts. You must have come during a busy time. Duly noted, I will look into that.
Thanks a lot!
Lynne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Hampton Inn Boston Bedford Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston - Billerica
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington
Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn
HYATT house Boston/Burlington
Sonesta ES Suites Burlington

Been to DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen? Share your experiences!