“A decent hotel with great service and warm cookies greet you”

DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bedford
GreenLeadersBronze level
Mississauga, Canada
“A decent hotel with great service and warm cookies greet you”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

This Doubletree Hotel located in the Bedford area is a decent hotel. The best part of this hotel is the friendly service of the staff and the warm signature chocolate chip cookies that greet you when you check in. The rooms are nice, but the air conditioner/heater are wall units that can be a bit noisy. The price is rather good for this hotel but be prepared for a bit of a hike to your room if you don't call ahead and ask for one that isn't too far from the elevators. This hotel is low rise due to the nearby air force base (no noise from that though). This is a pretty hotel in Spring with lots of lovely pink flowing trees. This is a fine hotel, but is not fancy. It was a shame to see that the Starbucks is no longer there - they replaced it with a pizza place. The main focus of this hotel is the business traveller. For returning guests do note that they have changed the road that you take to get to this hotel. The change is so new, your GPS may not be able to get you there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not too far a walk but not right beside the elevators.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank OntarioSoftwareMgr
lynne_luongo, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for the review and noting the road difference. This may affect you if you are coming from the direction of Burlington Mall. The main key is to stay straight on Middlesex Turnpike and not take the extension as you would have in the past. Thank you for mentioning my staff and service. They are exemplary! We hope to see you again.
Lynne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Great room, great bed, quiet and comfortable. Once I arrived, I was given a warm cookie and there is ample parking close the lobby. I did not use any of the amenities as I just needed a place to sleep for the night, but I'm glad I chose the DoubleTree.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank N3SSQwiK
lynne_luongo, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
It was wonderful to read this review. Thanks so much, and maybe next time you can enjoy some of our amenities!
Cork
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here on a few occasions with work travel. The hotel is a fine hotel with spacious rooms and comfortable beds. The restaurant food isnt bad and breakfast has a good choice self service option. The hotel runs a free shuttle bus within a 5 mile radius which will get u to many locally based companies and also the Burlington Mall. For me this hotel is much too far outside of Boston for it to be a base for a holiday trip but for visiting local companies it's a great option

• Stayed January 2013
5 Thank paulspoon
lynne_luongo, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thanks very much!
Boston, MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

I got a great rate for New Year's eve and went by myself as I was running a race nearby the next morning. Overall it was a "fine" stay but I expected more after reading the reviews. Unfortunately one of the hallways was being renovated and it made walking around the hotel much more challenging. As others have noted, the corridors are VERY long and this can get annoying. With the hallway renovation I had to take an elevator upstairs, then walk down a very long corridor, then take an elevator back downstairs and walk down another long corridor. If you have mobility issues then request a conveniently-located room or stay elsewhere.

I was surprised by how little the two front desk staff members knew about the area. I was asking about Pizzeria Regina which is one of the most famous pizza places in Boston. There is a location within 10 minutes of the hotel and they didn't know about it and one of them couldn't find it on the computer. I whipped out my smartphone and found it in 30 seconds.

Usually you get a chocolate chip cookie upon check-in but none were available so they gave me a coupon for one, which was very nice. And in fact just as I was heading out to my car after check-in the cookies arrived so I got one then and one the next day.

The bedroom was very clean but the bathroom needed a renovation. The shower/tub area needed repair; it was cracking and needed a thorough cleaning. The vanity area was very nice. I really liked the flat screen TV on the wall and I also appreciated having a refrigerator. I went to the pool area to use the hot tub and the pool was very big. The workout facilities seemed very nice and there is even a tennis court you can rent.

I liked that standard check-out was at 1pm! I was able to come back after my race and take a shower.

Overall I would recommend this hotel but be wary of where your room is and how much walking you will do. And hope that you get a room with a renovated shower/tub area! Also, please note: I think there is a restaurant across the street but the majority of shops and restaurants are about a 10 minute drive away. Apparently there is a shuttle if you need one.

Room Tip: You have to do a lot of walking no matter where your room is.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank rtsb22
lynne_luongo, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thanks for your review and sorry that you had to endure our carpet renovation! I have forwarded your comments to my Director of Rooms, so she may rectify the lack of knowledge of one of my front desk agents. Hope to see you again.
Altanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn across the road two weeks prior to this return trip to Bedford. While I had never stayed at either hotel, I would have booked the DoubleTree on my 1st trip to Bedford but it was more than twice the cost due to last minute booking, so I ended up staying at the Hampton Inn due to cost. Overall, it was a good stay. This time, both hotels were the exact same cost, so I decided to try out the DoubleTree. I ended up paying an extra $2 over the AAA rate (which I have membership) and went with the Government Getaway (I'm a government employee on business travel) which was "Save 15% off Bed & Breakfast Rate. Includes breakfast for up to 2 adults and 2 children". None of which was extended to me upon arrival. So that's definitely not good. I didn't press the issue because I was exhausted after driving almost 5 hours to get there.

I read the tripAdvisor reviews about doing a lot of walking to/from parking to the property as it was spread out in some sort of maze. I was surprised when I arrived, and there was a normal parking lot. I parked close to the entrance at 6:30pm on a Thursday evening. There was no line at check-in. I checked in with a breeze, was given my cookie (which wasn't warm, but not a deal breaker) and headed to my room. I lucked out; It wasn't a long walk and I didn't find a maze. However, I passed by the trays lined in the hall, as other guests have mentioned in reviews. I also saw a couple of small kids playing in the hall and thought please please please don't let me be near their room. Luckily, I wasn't. I had a corner room, with the next hall's windows seen out my window. I didn't care for the sheer curtains that were blowing open due to the heating system underneath - make sure to pack your PJs. Other than that, I had no other issues with the room. Upon dropping my stuff off in my room, I headed to the ice machine to get ice. It was out of ice. I could have went searching for another machine, but was tired and decided to do without ice.

Although, I left at 10am. Check out is a 1pm, which some would find a plus.

I didn't have a bad stay/experience that would prevent me from staying at this hotel or the Hampton Inn on a future visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for the review, I appreciate your taking the time with the details. That is very helpful to me as I try to perfect our imperfections! I truly believe we finally solved the room service tray issue once and for all. I look forward to feedback from other guests. Thanks for giving us a try and I hope to see you here again.
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed at the Doubletree Bedford last night. It was pre Chirstmas weekend so the hotel was less than full. Checkin was a breeze we were in the room within 5 minutes. The room was excellent with all the little things that make a difference. It had a small refrigerator, a high end coffee maker and a safe. The bathroom was granite with plenty of towels, five different bath item (shampoo conditioners creams qtips and cottonballs). The Television was a 32" refraction TV not bad. The channels included HBO Fox CNN etc. There was pay for view with newer movies. The room was first class. The bedding was 5 star, great pillows, sheets, blankets and mattress. The wifi access was easy and strong.

The first night we used the safe and it seem to malfunction. Since we had all our credit cards and valuables in it, we were concerned we lost access to them and worried about waiting hours to get it serviced. Well about 5 minutes after I called the man was there to fix it, I was impressed.

We next went to the pool area. The pool area includes a large pool, a super large hot tub, a well equipt gym, shower areas for men and women, two indoor tennis courts and 2 outdoor tennis courts. This was the best pool area weve seen. The hot tub was set to 104 degrees absolutely perfect and the pool was about 80 degrees again perfect. They had large towels and a well maintained clean area. This was outstanding 5 stars.

The food. We ate at the 44 Bistro for dinner and breakfast. Our dinner at the 44 was expensive. Having said that the food was outstanding. I had a filet mignon $33. This piece of meat was one of the most tender, tasty ones, absolutely the best I ever had. My wife had the scallops she loved them Overall while expensive the food was and service 5 star.

Breakfast we were given a free breakfast coupon. Normally this would be a continental one, not at the Doubletree. We had a run of the menu. We both chose the Eggs Benedict. I consider myself an eggs benedict snob. I know what is good and what isn't. Let me say this was by far the BEST eggs benedict my wife and I ever had, absolutely perfect. The sauce was perfect, the hash browns perfect, The eggs perfectly cooked, the bacon perfect. It even came with a half tomato warmed to perfection. We both considered this the best breakfast we ever had. The waiter Carlos was absolutely perfect. This was truly a 5 star dining experience. This being a free breakfast I felt guilty so left an extra big tip, it was worth it.

The double tree is located about 14 miles from Boston but it's located 3 miles from the Lexington Battle Green and 5 miles from The Concord Battle Bridge if you love history the Doubletree is right in the middle of everything.

This is a great place to stay, the food a little pricey but outstanding. I would stay and eat here every time I'm in the the west of Boston area.

Room Tip: This is a very quiet area of Bedford. The resort is spread out and can have a lot of walking (all in...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank EdPatBoston
lynne_luongo, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review! My chef will be so pleased with your food comments. We do have a hidden gem here. Thanks for telling your fellow travelers. We hope to see you again.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stay at Doubletree's and Hilton properties all around the USA and this one is decent. Typical rooms and dining options. The only drawback to this property is that is sprawling and you may walk a half mile to your room. No joke. Food is typical hotel fare but it does the job if need be. It is not close to downtown but there are trains that are fairly close if you are traveling for pleasure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
lynne_luongo, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for the review and yes our property is quite large! We do have several satellite entrances with card key access, which can quite nicely shorten the distance.
We hope to see you again.
Lynne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Hampton Inn Boston Bedford Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston - Billerica
HYATT house Boston/Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington
Boston Marriott Burlington
Boston Marriott Burlington
#4 of 6 in Burlington
Sonesta ES Suites Burlington

Been to DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen? Share your experiences!