“Third time was NOT a charm”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 50 Restaurants in Bedford
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Network Drive, Burlington
Description: Looking for something different in the Burlington area? The Melting Pot Restaurant is THE place for a fun and unique fine dining experience. We offer multi-course fondue dining, perfect for all occasions. Our menu has something for everyone! Choose from a variety of creamy cheese fondues, fresh salads, and fondue-style entrees (including seafood and steak), cooked right at your table. A trip to the Melting Pot isn't complete without indulging in one of our decadent chocolate fondue desserts. We also have a full Gluten Free menu and can accommodate vegetarian and most other dietary requests. We are located right on the Bedford and Burlington line and can be accessed easily from routes 3 and 128 (I 95). We are located less than 2 miles from the Burlington Mall and AMC Burlington Cinema and within driving distance from Massachusetts' North Shore and Southern New Hampshire.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Third time was NOT a charm”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

Where do I start....This is not my first time at the Melting Pot. I have been to this restaurant twice before this trip and it had been wonderful each time. I was extremely disappointed and saddened by this trip. I can honestly say that if this had been my first time it would have also been my last time here.
The meal started with ordering drinks that were our favorites and turned up with low quality liquor in them and honestly terrible. As trained bartenders we can tell the difference between well liquor and top shelf and we definitely got well (lower quality). On to the wait staff. The waiter was so long winded that he actually took our evening and made it about him. I now know his whole life story and what the future holds for him. For his sake I hope he is planning on being less vocal as he is going into the military. Our cheese course showed up finally and it was about half of what we had the previous visits and still cost the same. On to the main course. Broth was very good, meats were fresh as well as vege's but we could not anyone to wait on us to get water. It took about 20 minutes to get a glass of water and when those were gone we ended up sharing the ice cubes left in the glass. Dessert portion of meal was exceptable.
We are use to the excellent service we received in prior visits and this visit was far less than those.
I did complain to the company website and received a call from the manager who compensated us with a gift certificate. Kudo's to her for this but its far less than the $150 spent that evening. I guess we will have to wait and see if the service improves and they bring it back up to what it was before.

• Visited March 2013

Pepperell
“The Only Thing Special Was the Person I Was With.........”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Last week we went back to the Melting Pot in Burlington MA, it was so great 2 years ago we expected it to be the same. We made reservations and wanted a romantic spot, so we were seated in a secluded corner. Our waitperson arrived promptly, along with a delilghtful young lady "in training". He rattled off the speech about ordering and pointed out that there were changes to the menu. Then we heard his whole life story, then he took our drink order....well that was the first change...the drinks arrived in smaller glasses, and did not taste like top shelf liquor for the price.
We then placed our order , and when the cheese fondue course arrived there was less of it, and although delicious, there were very few veggies to dip in it, and the bread was nothing special.
On to the main course, and by this time we really needed our water glasses refilled....when the manager had stopped by earlier to say hello, and if you need anything, blah blah,but never to be seen again, nor was the helper, nor the waitperson..so much for the secluded corner!
The main course was also disappointing, miniscule portions of everything except the shrimp which were yummy, and again very few veggies. Finally more water... then the dessert course, yummy but very little of it, we had dippers with nothing to dip them in at the end,,,,,we had ordered coffee, and when I asked if the decaf was fresh he said "oh yes, it Kuerig" wow, $7.50 for a K cup...and we had to remind him to bring it
As I said, it was a romantic setting, but next time we will make our own fondue, we actually found
recipes online. And at home the bathroom will be clean.

• Visited March 2013
Massachusetts
“Loved the Lovers Lane”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

We were given a gift card to The Melting Pot on Christmas 2011 and almost forgot about it. We ended up dining here the day were were to leave to Hawaii so we could use the gift card. This was our first time here and I'm glad I made reservations online reserving our table in the Lovers Lane, it was very private and cozy. The cheese fondue was fantastic, as with the Spinach Mushroom Salad. But I didn't care for the 3rd entree which was a bunch of cut beef, pork and chicken meats boiled in a broth. We had the Flaming Turtle for dessert and that was just okay as well. I did love the Strawberry Basil Lemonade so much, I had 3 tall glasses of it! A bit pricey, personally I would eat here on special occasions only.

• Visited December 2012
Mandeville, Louisiana
“Wonderful Evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I took a vegetarian couple in her family here as a Christmas gift. We were absolutely bowled over by how good the food was and how much fun we had! The cheeses, oils and fresh foods impressed all of us. The dessert fondues in particular were incredible; all four of us were entertaining thoughts of licking the pot!

• Visited December 2012
Boston
“Lovers Lane Lovely!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband and I had a cozy booth and a wonderful waiter Jill catering to all of our needs. What a great dining experience. Sean the manager is constantly walking thru to make sure everything is going smooth. The fondue is a rich pot of flavors be it cheese or chocolate. We will definatley be back!

Visited February 2013