“Just what we were looking for ..certainly will stay there again!”
Review of Bedford Motel

Bedford Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bedford
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Ideal location off the busy IS 95.Clean comfy rooms.Very helpful staff.Excellent
restaurant and famous icefactory as neighbours.What more do you want.
Enjoyed our three night's stay indeed'

JAN & MARISE BERKOUWER MAASSLUIS THE NETHERLANDS

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank JANUSMaassluis

Reviewed July 16, 2011

The Owners were professional and extended their hospitality very well. I give them 5 stars because they met my expectations in the description of the motel.. While not a 5star 300+ a night hotel. it was clean (no bugs at all, those were erroneous statements in previous posts) in a good location ,safe quit neighborhood and a great value.

Cleanliness
Location
Room New Carpet
Resonably new furnishings
In room WI-FI ( Worked great)
Bedford Farms ice Cream Stand in front (great Ice Cream.
20 min from Alewife T station which has parking $
Bedford is a nice quit town with some good affordable restaurants. Cafe Luig ,,Bedford House of Roast Beef
Liquor store walking distance. Convenience store very close
Wholefoods 3 min, Stop and Shop 7 min.

No real minuses it's no frills
If you need a pool this could be your deal breaker
Bathroom some what dated and only shower( Light switch in bedroom making it bit of a pain when using the bathroom late night,, but kept very clean.

Summary : You will not find a better place to sleep for the price in the Boston area

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I stay at the Bedford Motel every week when travelling on business. The managers, Mr. and Mrs. Amir, are the kindest, most accommodating people you could meet. The place is clean, quiet, comfortable, and a good value for the area. As a woman travelling alone, I feel safe there, and looked after.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank DebS04084
Reviewed July 8, 2011

We are glad we found a right place to stay. Very homely and friendly atmosphere with good neighbourhood. Service was very good and courteous. I would suggest this if you are looking for a decent stay in the area may it be few days or few weeks.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2011

When I moved to the Boston area, as I've done in the past I planned to stay in a motel for a couple weeks while I got my bearings and found a more permanent residence. So I found the Bedford Motel.

Now I've been here a few months, and I've never been in a motel long term like this.

The manager, his wife, and the staff are all friendly, and always have a wave or a smile for me, as opposed to many places where you're a nuisance if you have requests. The room is clean, the AC and heat work well, and it is quiet. I haven't ever had anything stolen out of the room as I have in some motels, and the price can't be beat.

The only possible complaint I have is that the internet is somewhat rate-limited for a junkie like myself. But it is fine for email/web browsing, even watching things on youtube. Just don't expect HD netflix or anything.

Any time I have a problem (locked my key in the room, need more towels, etc), the manager is ready with a "no problem, you're most welcome." And I do feel most welcome here. When I do finally find a permanent place in Boston, it will be with a certain sadness.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank EnoOnYllaer
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Well I was packing my suit case I found a very small brown white flat beatle ish bug. I was packing my suit case on my bed . Only found one but afraid to look for more and no bites were found . What is it ???

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Bugsfound
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I needed to be in Wellesley, MA for three nights and did not want to spend more than I needed to for nothing more than a place to sleep. I booked a room with two double beds, it was clean (keep in mind that this is an older motel -with older carpets and materials), the bathroom was clean, the TV and remote worked, the internet speed was perfect, NO BUGS, it was quiet, and the staff were kind and helpful (in particular, the older gentleman that welcomed me upon my arrival, and the women who was working upon my depature). I typically left my room later each day (after 1pm) and the staff had my room clean as could be when I returned each afternoon. I would go back again.

Room Tip: I booked through Travelosity.