“Excellent Italian food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Was flying into Bedford for work and checked out TripAdvisor for local restaurants. Cafe Luigi had excellent reviews so we decided to stop in and give it a try. I can definitely say that the reviews were spot on. The meal was excellent and prices were very fair. We ordered stuffed mushrooms, fried calamari, a garden salad, the frutti de mare, chocolate mousse, and the cannolis. Everything that we had was delicious. The frutti de mare was full of seafood (lobster, scallops, and shrimp), and was unbelievably priced for the amount of seafood it contained. If I ever make it back to the Bedford area, I will definitely be returning to Cafe Luigi.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Luigi

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Some of the best Italian food I've ever eaten. The lasagna and spaghetti with meatballs are amazing. Delicious tiramasu!! The portions are huge and the pricing is very reasonable. Very cozy, relaxed atmosphere.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

This place (one of the local, Burlington, American Restaurant Group I think) has developed a great format with this one (and Grassfield's in Waltham) by taking solidly good recipes and faithfully reproducing them at a great value price for years. I have to believe that they treat their staff well too as the same staff seems to be there every time I visit. How about opening a place in Burlington????

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I was looking for a decent Italian restaurant - Cafe Luigi was close and had several great reviews. I was not disappointed. It has to be good just based on the volume of people coming here - after 5pm this place gets full. The service was excellent; my waitress (Christine) did an outstanding job - very professional and on top of every detail. After reviewing the menu, I had to go with the black pasta....not often do I find black pasta on the menu. The Black Pasta Putanesca includes anchovies, olives, mushrooms, onions and green peppers. It was very good, as was the accompanying garden salad with the house dressing.

Overall it's a good place to eat. Food is priced accordingly with value and cooked to order. Staff is friendly and you won't go home hungry.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Good Italian food at reasonable prices. I have eaten here at least 50 times and have not had a bad meal. My favorite is chicken verdicchio!

1  Thank KLMBedford_MA