“Something missing”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2013

OK if you must: This restaurant/bar sits by itself with little nearby competition (though walkingfrom several hotels). It's a big interior and frankly it felt cold and dark (though it was summer) and I detected some odd smells walking around (cleaning fluids and musty).

Our large group was seated in the back room and it wasn't particularly comfortable. The menu appeared long with all sorts of items (yelp reviews for this location are quite mixed). The restaurant was busy and overall I think the group enjoyed the various food items, but again nothing over the top special.

Tough for me to get excited about this venue, it's just nothing special.

There are newer reviews for Max and Dylans

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Max and Dylans does a nice job creating a cross between a sports bar and a nicer restaurant.
Real nice decor; however, there are a few TV's to catch the game. Booths are comfortable and situated in a way where you actually have privacy and don't have to worry about some little kid behind you kicking the back of your seat. Option for table seating too. There is a nice bar area too.

The menu has something for everyone.

Staff were friendly and attentive. Our server was very good.

We started our meal sharing the Grilled Pear Salad. A pretty generous portion for 2 to share consisting of 4 good sized slices of pear, candied pecans, cranberries, cheese.
Wanting to go lite, we had burgers. Not expecting anything spectacular, I was pleasantly surprised. My medium burger was actually prepared medium ! (Too many restaurants, make them charred and well done regardless of preference.) I topped it with swiss, a nice slice of bright orange/red tomato and lettuce. While the burger wasn't massive, it seemed to be just enough. The burgers are served on a large fresh baked roll which was really good. Burgers are served with a choice of fries or home made potato chips. I went with the fries which was a sizeable portion, and they were actually served hot ! My wife chose the potato chips--crunchy and also a sizeable portion.

I would definitely go back and try a different menu item (but would consider the burger again too.)

This restaurant takes reservations.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed across the street at the Hampton Inn and this was a great place to relax and enjoy a hockey game on their large tv in the lounge. We got to know Stone, the bar tender and waiter in the lounge and he embodied New England charm and helpfulness!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Great food, Friendly Staff. Location was great for us as it was just across the road from our Hotel. The restaurant was very clean. Can't think of anything negative to say, as we were 100% happy with everything.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We really liked the food, atmosphere, and the prices were good. The prosciutto mac and cheese was GREAT! They had good beers on tap (Wachusett blueberry was nice) and the server was very nice and attentive. We will be back!