“Bit of a hidden gem.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Picasso Restaurant & Bar

Picasso Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Barre
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Milton, Massachusetts
“Bit of a hidden gem.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Off on a camping trip it was nice to leave the woods and be served a good meal. Not knowing what was around we discovered Picasso and read some Yelp reviews. It turned out very good, my red wine was fresh and all of our dishes were very yummy. My kids got the reg pasta with cheese and butter but it had an extra flare and dinner was very quiet as they concentrated on their dishes, not a norm! The staff was very sweet and overall I would def return!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Worcester MA
“A Little Gem of a Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were staying at a lake house in Rutland and looked around for nearby restaurants. Picasso came up and it sounded great so we decided to try it. It was a beautiful evening and we decided to sit outdoors which was exactly the right call. The menu was very interesting with some fascinating specials, one of which I ended up choosing. But we started with a Caprese salad - gorgeous tomatoes along with fresh mozzarella topped with basil and Balsamic dressing - it was the perfect salad for a summer night. My entree was one of the best things I have truly ever eaten - scallops with pesto oil, grilled cauliflower and artichoke hearts topped with porkbellies. I almost didn't get the meal because of the porkbellies but it was delicious - just a bit of salty crunch on top. Cooked to perfection!!! The host/owner (?) was incredibly gracious and checked in appropriately; the waiter was also wonderful. If Picasso's was around the corner I'd be there every weekend!

• Visited August 2013
gardner, Ma
“A gem in a country setting.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife and I are very critical of restaurant food and service. Seldom do we find a place worth going back to. We have tried all of the restaurants in all of the near by towns. Some are good, most are not and of the good ones, most are hit and miss.
I have recently discovered Picasso in Barre, Ma.. Why did I wait so long!
Limited dinner offerings which to me is a good thing. It means focus on quality preparations and fresh food. Typically any restaurant that offers 40 entrees is not offering them made with fresh ingredients and prepared fresh for you.
Outstanding food, cooked to perfection. I am headed back tonight for my third visit in 6 weeks.
There is a new chef as well and the whole crew there cooks well.
Some of the wait staff could use more experience, but the food and setting is worth it.
Try it!

• Visited June 2013
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Hidden Gem in the midd le of nowhere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

I've heard about Picasso's for the past couple years and finally decided to take a 35 minute drive to check it out.
The service was excellent, our waitress was very attentive and accommodating. We started with the appetizer special, a fresh spring roll with lump crab meat for portion size we felt it was a little overpriced $12.
The salad was so fresh and tasty our dinners were great. The only but would be the price of the special we had for dinner $26. good portion size but not any for leftovers. All the other regular entrees were $17-$20 which seemed to be more reasonably priced.
All of the food is local and super fresh. Overall definitely worth checking out maybe for a special night out.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“A Wonderful Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I visited Picasso on a recent Saturday evening. We had reservations and were seated promptly. Everything was perfection from the drinks through to dessert. Our server was friendly and efficient. I had a scallop special that was excellent. My wife had a grilled pork chop that was large and flavorful. All in all our experience was wonderful.

• Visited May 2013