“A gem in a country setting.”

Picasso Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Barre
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife and I are very critical of restaurant food and service. Seldom do we find a place worth going back to. We have tried all of the restaurants in all of the near by towns. Some are good, most are not and of the good ones, most are hit and miss.
I have recently discovered Picasso in Barre, Ma.. Why did I wait so long!
Limited dinner offerings which to me is a good thing. It means focus on quality preparations and fresh food. Typically any restaurant that offers 40 entrees is not offering them made with fresh ingredients and prepared fresh for you.
Outstanding food, cooked to perfection. I am headed back tonight for my third visit in 6 weeks.
There is a new chef as well and the whole crew there cooks well.
Some of the wait staff could use more experience, but the food and setting is worth it.
Try it!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I've heard about Picasso's for the past couple years and finally decided to take a 35 minute drive to check it out.
The service was excellent, our waitress was very attentive and accommodating. We started with the appetizer special, a fresh spring roll with lump crab meat for portion size we felt it was a little overpriced $12.
The salad was so fresh and tasty our dinners were great. The only but would be the price of the special we had for dinner $26. good portion size but not any for leftovers. All the other regular entrees were $17-$20 which seemed to be more reasonably priced.
All of the food is local and super fresh. Overall definitely worth checking out maybe for a special night out.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I visited Picasso on a recent Saturday evening. We had reservations and were seated promptly. Everything was perfection from the drinks through to dessert. Our server was friendly and efficient. I had a scallop special that was excellent. My wife had a grilled pork chop that was large and flavorful. All in all our experience was wonderful.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Haven't been here for a few months - went for the wednesday special with a friend.
the Salad was a little smaller than it used to be, but still awesome - try their homemade balasamic vinegrette - to die for.
I had the port special - done beautifully - not over done - great presentation - had an avocado souffle thing on it that was a lovely touch.
Ah - the tiramisu - waitress told me one left, i took it - to die for - just love theirs, and i am not easily WOWed with tiramisu.
was looking for something different and bubbly and waitress suggested small bottle of a nice little champagne - perfect compliment - great size.
waitress didn't hover but was attentive. never asked for anything more than once, most times she anticipated our needs.
LOVE this restaurant - never had anything but awesome here...................

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband suprised me for my birthday, so my family, including 2 sons age 18 and 14 went on a Saturday night, seated promptly with our reservation. Very inviting, food is local and eclectic, excellent gorgonzola salad, tuna, scallops, chicken with portabello mushrooms and sauce. Very nice atmosphere. I have to say that the service was not that good, when going to this type of restaurant I expect that my drinks will get refilled when they are empty and we don't have to wait for the server and ask, also the bread and olive oil we had to ask for, several times our drinks were empty and we had to wait for our server to come around. I also saw two other tables that seemed to have the same problem as they were asking where their drinks were. It seemed that there was only one bartender and they also got the non-alcoholic drinks. It states on the menu that fresh food takes time to cook or something to that effect, which is totally understandable considering I got the freshest homemade pasta. But we saw our server having conversations at a few tables that were a little much. I just appreciate our serving being proactive and watching to see who needs what and that is what seemed to lack. But the food itself was wonderfully prepared as well as the delicious desserts. The gentlemen at the front whom seated us asked how we were doing and my husband did explain the food was great but the service could be better, the gentlemen said they were having a busy night, (ok understand) but the server definately needed to be more attentive. Also, just so people are aware, the price category is a little higher than it states, The tuna was $28, scallop special was $25, as well as the steak.

Been to Picasso Restaurant & Bar? Share your experiences!