“Great Restaurant With Deceptive Exterior”
Review of Dolphin Restaurant

Dolphin Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Barnstable
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2014

I have passed by many times, thinking it was a coffee shop. After an enthusiastic recommendation, we gave it a try for dinner. The interior is lovely and very comfortable. The service was friendly and attentive. The food was fabulous! Fresh and well-prepared seafood and reasonably priced. One of my new favorite restaurants on the Cape.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

servers and food were awesome
I was a nice night out. Would go there again
if in the area. Oysters were the best.

1  Thank JuneBug1945
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Decor is comforting and inviting. Old fashioned in many ways. Food is great. Good variety from chowder to full luncheon entrees. Service was wonderfully attentive.

1  Thank CCJADO
Reviewed August 21, 2014

We went on a Thursday evening, and both bar and restaurants were rammed. Despite this, service was pretty good throughout and we really enjoyed our dinners, fish and beef. Good quality throughout the meal. Reasonably priced too. Certainly one I would go back to when next in the area.

A couple of minor comments - neither or server or the greeter could explain to me what a center loin of beef was. The greeter was wearing a top and jeans which I thought was rather out of keeping with the servers who were all very smartly turnout in uniforms.

Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

We went to Dolphin the 2nd week of August. We had a party of 13. The decor is dated but homey.

We ordered our meals and our server had trouble getting the items out in a timely manner. Granted, there were a lot of us but still....20 minutes to get drinks is excessive.

Additionally, I ordered my food garlic free. I received my striped bass with veggies that had minced garlic sprinkled on top like grated cheese. When I called our water, he was hesitant to take it back and when he did, the chef said there was no garlic. On it went until I received a garlic free meal, which was delicious, but the stress involved was not appreciated.

My father in law received lamp chops that were all grizzle and bone. But the other meals seemed to be good.

Based on the final food, I would give a 5. Based on the service and associated dress, I would give a 1. So, I gave a 3 since there is no 2.5.

1  Thank Flyfishbozzuto