“Wonderful night”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful date night recently at The Dolphin. The whole evening was terrific. We started with drinks at the bar. The bartender was terrific. We were seated at a nice romantic corner table and the waitress was also wonderful. Dinner was unbelievable. Caesar Salad had a very light dressing not the usual heavy type. I ordered the pan fried sole which was served with mashed potatoes and green beans. The portion size was more than generous, to the point had to take it home. My husband was very happy with his seafood stew. He couldn’t stop talking about it. I wish I could comment on the desserts, but we were so full from dinner we unable to try them. We would definitely go again and highly recommend The Dolphin.

There are newer reviews for Dolphin Restaurant

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We (two couples) went to the Dolphin based upon a recommendation, but we did to feel that it lived up to reasonable expectations. Nothing was bad, per se, but then again, nothing was as good as it should have been.
Trying to decide what to order, I asked our waitress what the Lobster Casserole on the menu consisted of. She said she did not know, and shouted to another waitress across the room "What's in the Lobster Casserole," to which the other waitress said she did not know. Then our waitress kindly went to ask the chef, but when she returned, her answer was "Lobster, in a dish."
The clam chowder was less thick and less tasty than expected, and my lobster roll (served on a hamburger bun) was tasteless. My dining companions also felt that their entrees were, at best, uninteresting. For dessert, we received ice cream that seemed like inferior supermarket ice cream.
This restaurant seems as though it has gotten tired and has stopped trying.

2  Thank justjobe
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Every variety of seafood is available, and some good options for beef, duck and chicken. The service was very good. The food was alright but could use a hit of flavour to make it more than good.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

My family vacationed on Cape Cod starting in 1964, acquired northside property in the '70s, retired there in the '80s, and then I inherited it in 1995 and lived there until 2000. I'm only relating this to let you know that I've become quite familiar, over the years, with the mid-Cape Route 6A area. I was just back there yesterday - 8.14.13. The Dolphin remains a treasure of a traditional Cape restaurant .... cozy, historic, unpretentious, and reassuringly dependable for excellent fare. The local scallops I had were the sweetest and freshest ... service was the best - efficient and attentive. Also, the rear parking area is very welcome and easy to access. I love The Dolphin!

1  Thank Patricia R
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My sister and I enjoyed a wonderful meal at the Dophin on our drive up the cape. We started out with the clam chowder which we enthusiastically gobbled up. She had the lobster and sea bass, and I tried the scallops baked in a crab sauce. It was all delectable! The cranberry rolls with butter were a real delight as well. We went mid-afternoon when there was little activity so didn't have to wait at all. We experienced good service and greatly enjoyed the beautiful building housing the Dolphin.

1  Thank gypsyrose55