“Excellent Food”

Ranked #3 of 8 Restaurants in Barnstable
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: As usual, we closed for the season as of October 16th, 2021. Thank you for your business! See you in early May 2022
Reviewed September 9, 2020 via mobile

I visited this restaurant with a friend based on the recommendation of another friend. The chowder is truly amazing. You can definitely taste that it is award winning. I had the baked scallops. Honestly there was enough for 2 people to finish but they were so good I managed to finish them. My friend had the fried shrimp. It certainly was a nice portion of shrimp and cane with a large portion of fries as well. Would definitely recommend this restaurant when you are on the Cape.

Date of visit: September 2020
1  Thank Ro J
Write a reviewReviews (566)

Reviewed August 19, 2020 via mobile

Late lunch midweek. Excellent fresh, crisp clamstrip roll with more than enough clams for a meal. Excellent clam chowder. We also had 2 burgers and buffalo chicken fingers, all perfectly cooked. Beautiful view of the water, with small craft boats going in and out, and a whale watching tour. We enjoyed visiting and look forward to another visit soon.

Reviewed August 14, 2020

Good food with a pretty view. Went for lunch on 8/12/2020 and place was empty so we got seated right away. All the staff there and waitress were friendly. Clam chower was very good. I would definitely go back next time i go to cape.

Right next door, is a whale watching boat, so you can park there next to bridge and walk a minute to restaurant or do valet parking right in front of place. I honestly think it would be better off without valet.

1  Thank kitty31809
Reviewed August 3, 2020

My husband and I were in the area for a family event. We really felt like having a nice cocktail on the water. We found the perfect place! Mattakeese wharf is in a nice location with a beautiful ocean view. We sat by the window and enjoyed the view and a nice breeze. They had a great selection of cocktails. We ordered our drinks and looked over the menu. The drinks were served and it was quite a presentation. The menu had some very nice selections. We ordered our lunch and sipped our drinks as we waited. Our server was efficient and friendly. We both enjoyed our lunch. We would visit again!

1  Thank Carolyn S
Reviewed July 26, 2020 via mobile

Had lunch at the Mattakeese Wharf Seafood Restaurant. We were not impressed. While the clam chowder was very good, the rest of our food was mediocre at best. And the service was worse. The arugula salad we ordered with salmon was not very good,’z it hardly had any nuts and the salmon
was not prepared well. The truffle fries were dry and the cheese fell off then. I think they needed more oil and better prep. These were some of the worst truffle fries I’ve ever had. They were also out of the wine my wife first requested. Now for the service. The girl was nice but her timing was off and she pretty much ignored us once a table of 3 older couples sat next to us. The dirty dishes were not collected until I signaled for a bus boy and that was after a long time. We also waited for the check and only did a manager arrive to deliver it after I again complained to the bus boy. The manager said nothing other than sorry. She didn’t ask how our experience was or anything. I was very disappointed with this place, especially after having amazing dining experiences at other places on the cape.

Date of visit: July 2020