After the tourist information advised us to take route 6A and NOT route 6 the fun begun. When we stopped for a drink and sat down on the terras at the Taverne in Barnstable we asked for a good Bed and Breakfast. The waiter immediately recommended the Lamb and the Lion to us and was so kind to give us the telephone number. We called and booked for one night.
We really loved what we saw when we arrived at the place. Very friendly reception, fantastic room and lovely situated swimming pool. We changed our travel plans and stayed for another night. The book in the room with the history off the Inn, its owners and the funny dogs, also gave excellent recommendations for dining and many other things. At breakfast there is always a surprise home made baking dish. Eating and sipping your coffee on the deck with garden view with only the sound of birds around you is a wonderful relaxing experience.
Tom and Alice made us feel very welcome, we will surely see them again!
Michiel and Ingrid
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pool, spa & yoga studio, BBQ facilities, complimentary self-guided driving tours, suites with kitchens & wood-burning fireplaces, walk to beach. "A classic Cape Cod inn and spa with the spirit of a small luxury hotel" ~ Road & Travel. "One of the Top 5 inns on Cape Cod" ~ The Travel Channel. "Best mid-Cape Inn/B&B" ~ Cape Cod Life Magazine. One of the Top 12 pet friendly properties in the World" ~ CNN. One of New England's best destinations" ~ Yankee Magazine ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Lamb and Lion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lamb And Lion Hotel Barnstable
- Lamb And Lion Inn Barnstable, MA - Cape Cod