What a special place! My husband and I returned from this lovely B&B several days ago, and I just can't stop telling my friends & family about this wonderful place. We booked the Innkeepers Pride and just loved the room. Although this B&B allows dogs, we did not travel with a dog, and you would never know that a dog ever stayed in our room. The room was immaculate and not 1 dog hair to be found. Again, although we did not bring a dog, we fell in love with Tom & Ali's five dogs, but G. Willikers was my favorite. The most adorable little guy I've ever seen. Our room was clean, comfortable and offered so many nice amenities, some of which included a great jacuzzi tub, fireplace, kitchen and private deck. Each morning Tom and Ali put out a yummy, healthy breakfast. We enjoyed fruit, yogurt, homemade breads and a special treat from Ali's oven. One morning it was a delicious orange cake, the next day it was blueberry muffins. On our last morning, Ali prepared eggs benedict for my husband and Ebelskiver (amazing dutch pancakes) for myself. There was an additional $5.00 charge for each of these dishes, and they were worth every penny! Tom sat down with us each morning and asked "so, what do you have planned for today?" and we laughed and said "wherever you plan on sending us - is where we plan on going". Tom offered amazing driving tours, which also included the best places to stop for all sorts of delicacies (everything from lobster rolls and poutine to homemade ice cream shoppes). Needless to say, we ate very well. Thanks to Tom's tours, we also visited great shops, galleries and beaches. Each afternoon, we returned to the B&B and lounged at the pool sipping wine (BYOB) and catching up with Tom, and several lovely guests we met during our stay. On our last day at the Lamb & Lion, we decided to stay at the pool and enjoy our last few hours just kicking back. We really dreaded leaving. From the moment we checked in to the day we left (4 days) - we kept assuring Tom & Ali that we'd be back. We really can't wait to return! Fondly, Ro & Dave
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 13 fireplaces. Solar-heated, salt water pool with outdoor wood-burning fireplace. Wellness studio with massage rooms, yoga studio, Reiki, readings and transformation coaching. BBQ facilities, complimentary self-guided driving tours, suites with kitchens & wood-burning fireplaces, walk to beach. "A classic Cape Cod inn and spa with the spirit of a small luxury hotel" ~ Road & Travel, 2014 "One of the Top 5 inns on Cape Cod" ~ The Travel Channel, 2015. "Best mid-Cape Inn/B&B" 2008-2016, 9 years! ~ Cape Cod Life. One of the Top 12 pet friendly properties in the World" ~ CNN, 2014. One of New England's best destinations" ~ Yankee Magazine, 2015 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Lamb and Lion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lamb And Lion Hotel Barnstable
- Lamb And Lion Inn Barnstable, MA - Cape Cod