“The Very Best on The Cape!”
Review of Lamb and Lion Inn

Lamb and Lion Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Barnstable B&B and Inns
Plainview, New York, United States
“The Very Best on The Cape!”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

What a special place! My husband and I returned from this lovely B&B several days ago, and I just can't stop telling my friends & family about this wonderful place. We booked the Innkeepers Pride and just loved the room. Although this B&B allows dogs, we did not travel with a dog, and you would never know that a dog ever stayed in our room. The room was immaculate and not 1 dog hair to be found. Again, although we did not bring a dog, we fell in love with Tom & Ali's five dogs, but G. Willikers was my favorite. The most adorable little guy I've ever seen. Our room was clean, comfortable and offered so many nice amenities, some of which included a great jacuzzi tub, fireplace, kitchen and private deck. Each morning Tom and Ali put out a yummy, healthy breakfast. We enjoyed fruit, yogurt, homemade breads and a special treat from Ali's oven. One morning it was a delicious orange cake, the next day it was blueberry muffins. On our last morning, Ali prepared eggs benedict for my husband and Ebelskiver (amazing dutch pancakes) for myself. There was an additional $5.00 charge for each of these dishes, and they were worth every penny! Tom sat down with us each morning and asked "so, what do you have planned for today?" and we laughed and said "wherever you plan on sending us - is where we plan on going". Tom offered amazing driving tours, which also included the best places to stop for all sorts of delicacies (everything from lobster rolls and poutine to homemade ice cream shoppes). Needless to say, we ate very well. Thanks to Tom's tours, we also visited great shops, galleries and beaches. Each afternoon, we returned to the B&B and lounged at the pool sipping wine (BYOB) and catching up with Tom, and several lovely guests we met during our stay. On our last day at the Lamb & Lion, we decided to stay at the pool and enjoy our last few hours just kicking back. We really dreaded leaving. From the moment we checked in to the day we left (4 days) - we kept assuring Tom & Ali that we'd be back. We really can't wait to return! Fondly, Ro & Dave

Room Tip: The Innkeepers Pride was lovely
poolhopper, Owner at Lamb and Lion Inn, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Hey Ro & Dave! Thank you so much for that amazing review...and as always, Gee Willikers gets top billing over Ebelskiver and driving tours. Go figure.
We're glad you appreciated our cleanliness. That attribute of the Lamb and Lion is #1 to us, and yes, although we are pet friendly we are people friendly first, and we don't assume every guest is a dog person. So if you are not a big dog person you generally won't be affected by us being pet friendly. If you ARE a dog person, you'll be happy to know you won't be banished to "the dog room". Anyone who has stayed in one of "those" places knows what we mean.
Oh, and if you want to know where to get that amazing lobster roll or a killer gooey poutine, well, just book a room with us! (you don't really think we're giving away all of our secrets do you?).
Happy summer!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Boston
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Last week I was in Barnstable for business and stayed at this outstanding inn tucked away on Route 6A. The courthouse is less than a mile and a half down the road, but once I got to the Lamb and Lion it felt like it was worlds away! The grounds are beautiful with a very cool courtyard pool, hot tub and comfortable poolside furniture. I stayed in Sweet 9 which was amazing and much more than I needed for my short stay. The room was huge, clean and nicely decorated, with a spa-like shower, full fridge, stove, plates, utensils, plates, glassware, etc, with a fan and air-conditioning also. Tom and Ali who run this establishment were very friendly, interesting and extremely helpful in recommending places to eat, things to do etc. You can buy discounted whale watch tickets from the inn office, which was very convenient, and the whale watching is less than a 5 minute drive down the road. Tom even lent me binoculars for the trip which was a nice touch! You are also able to borrow beach chairs, coolers etc. from the inn to bring to any of the nearby beaches. Breakfast was included and was also fantastic, including banana bread, homemade breads, bagels, yogurt with berries, choice of cereals, tea, coffee and orange juice.

Even though I was here on business this trip, I definitely plan on coming back with my wife so she can enjoy this place. I have been coming to the Cape for years, and Tom and Ali recommended terrific places to eat, explore, etc. that I had never heard of. They also include a free typed-up car tour of different parts of the Cape which was a nice touch also. You can even book various message therapies at the inn including swedish, hot stone, etc. I didn't get a chance to try this on this trip but plan on it next time. I would highly recommend this place and you won't be disappointed if you stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Quincy, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Felt compelled to post this from the cottage (hello Wi-Fi)... Just have to say that is is clean, cozy, well-stocked, beautifully decorated, extremely comfortable with plenty of privacy in a great location and is owned by two fabulous and very accommodating humans! I've been in many Cape cottages. Yikes! This one in my favorite by far. I suggest you rent in when we leave. If we do... :)

Room Tip: Cottage is perfect for two!
Mexico, New York
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We returned home yesterday from our first visit to the Cape.I cannot say enough about the very lovely Lamb & Lion Lodging, where we spent 4 wonderful nights with our little dog, Zoey.
from the moment I stepped out of our vehicle,I had the distinct feeling that I was "home".Our host and hostess,Tom and Ali greeted us as if we were old friends.It means a lot to be greeted by your first name.Tom was always right there when we had questions or needed directions. His driving tour sheets took us to places we might never have found on our own.We loved the beach where our Zoey could play in the water.
Ali's special breakfasts were out of this world.Everything was healthy and delicious.I am going to try to make yogurt.Every morning there was a different delight from Ali's oven.I already miss those breakfasts.
There were so many extra touches that made our stay enjoyable that I don't know where to begin. It was great to have use of the community kitchen and to be able to prepare Zoey's home-cooked meals. It was nice that Tom provided a doggie sheet to help protect the fine bedding.Zoey starts her night in her own bed but somehow always ends up curled up next to "Mom". I hope that we didn't leave too many hairs.I brought along my "as seen on tv" schtickys" and tried to clean up after her.
Lair 4 seemed to suit us very well. The bed was so soft and comfortable. We both felt very rested in the morning.Of course the pool and hot tub were very enjoyable.I am not usually a water person but I found myself drawn to the beautiful court yard in the evening and did enjoy both the pool and hot tub.
The Lamb & Lion is in the perfect central location. We were able to take day trips and visit all areas of the Cape. We enjoyed a nice long walk down to Scudders Beach. We did not hike the conservation trails because ticks seem to be attracted to Jim and we didn't want to invite trouble.
I could go on forever about our stay.I hope that we will be able to return again soon.

Room Tip: I can't imagine that any room would not be a good room.
Mahwah, New Jersey
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Just a few minutes away from the roar of the Hyannis strip is a relaxing retreat called "The Lamb & Lion Inn". The inn offers solitude or friendly conversation in a warm and inviting environment. Being a pet-friendly establishment is another plus! Our two small dogs were welcomed with open arms and they felt at home as much as we did. We all nestled like little lambs in our spacious and amenity filled room, "The Innkeeper's Pride", before we ventured out to explore the nearby area which is rich with varied activities for all types of couples/families. We will certainly be back again for our yearly pilgrimage! Thank you for your warm hospitality, Tom & Ali!

• Stayed July 2012
Sherburne, New York, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I was looking for a gay friendly B&B on the Cape...Yours was the 1st one to pop up in my Google search! And we are SO happy it did!! What a beautiful place! The room was perfect! Breakfast delicious! The pool and the hot tub were awesome! Tom and Ali are wonderful hosts! We took Tom's self guided driving tour of the Mid-Cape...we had a blast and saw some things we might have missed otherwise. One of the nicest places we have ever stayed! We will definately stay there again!

Room Tip: Suite 6 opened onto the pool deck....awesome!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
canton CT
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My daughter and I had one of our best vacations at this immaculate and charming inn. We ended up spending much of our time relaxing by the pool because we simply had no reason to leave such a great place. The owners Tom and Ali were gracious and helpful hosts who gave us great tips on pet friendly restaurants and hidden treasures on the cape. I can't say enough about the delicious breakfasts which were filled with a variety of homemade treats that Ali made every morning. The inn is pet friendly and we had a beautiful back yard to walk our dog, but you would never even know there were dogs staying there because it was always clean and quiet. Another thing we loved about the inn was the decor. The Lamb and Lion was tastefully decorated but never boring with whimsy around every corner. For example there was Peru the Funky Breakfast Chicken (you will have to go find out for yourself what this means), and Lamb and Lion themed paintings and tchotchkies that were fun to find all vacation. I could go on and on about this place...we will definitely be back here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Owner at Lamb and Lion Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you Sonia! We'll say it once again...we get the nicest, COOLEST guests! Most we feel sad to say goodbye to, and a few we feel become life-long friends. Sonia is one of those guests. For the record, she wasn't lying about coming back--although she never mentioned this review (what a fun surprise!), she called us a few days before this posting and booked again for 5 nights in August--and this time not only is she bringing her adorable, dancing daughter, but her parents as well, which is the most sincere form of flattery we could ask for.
Thanks for the "clean" compliments as well. Our housekeepers/assistants Donna and Amanda where many hats, but when it comes to cleaning they are meticulous in every way, and very proud to be working here.
Sonia, we'll see YOU next month....Review-reader-internet surfer-person? What are you waiting for?!?
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barnstable
Bayside Resort Hotel
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa
Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa
#4 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to Lamb and Lion Inn? Share your experiences!