Sometimes I have to drag the husband kicking and screaming to a B&B. He feels uncomfortable and out of place when the atmosphere is over the top and really dislikes when he feels like the innkeepers are hanging over him. Me, I love the luxury, pampering and all the "extras" of the B & B experience. (Plus I love taking to everyone, much to his dismay). The Lamb and Lion offers a perfect combination of top of the line treatment in a relaxed and laid-back atmosphere.
We celebrated our anniversary in the Innkeeper's Pride. The bed was sooooo comfy! We had a wood-burning fireplace and jacuzzi tub and a large deck off the back. We used them all. The stars off the deck at night are spectacular. We took a nice walk through the conservation land at the back of the property then came back to warm up in the outdoor hot tub. Perfect!
Breakfast was great and you can have it where you want, when you want. That made the hubby happy that you are not forced to sit down when the innkeepers decide and feel uncomfortable making chit-chat with the other guests. (Although like, I said I talk to everyone.) We were offered a varied and delicious selection of breakfast choices. Ali's homemade granola was is beyond yummy! Tom and Ali take the time to ask if there are certain items you might enjoy. They even made us some special steel grain oatmeal which was perfect for my current diet. Next time I will try Eggs Benedict when the diet is done. I'm looking forward to that!
As for Tom and Ali... The are warm, fun, personable and genuine hosts. We have been at B&B's where the innkeepers are overly-fussy, or unfriendly, or sometimes just plain seem bored. Tom and Ali seem to very much enjoy what they do and really want you be happy! You can see it in the treatment of their guests as well as the effort they have made to create such a beautiful inn with great attention to all the details.
We were able to see some of the other rooms they looked warm and inviting as well. Think we'll try out Suite 9 the next time.
Bottom line, is go here. Relax. Have fun. Enjoy. As the site says- "Go to Your Happy Place."
Hubby will not be kicking and screaming the next time. He will go happily and with a smile. Me too!
PS: I know it's not nice to pick favorites but I wanted to take G. Willikers home with me. (Don't worry-I know better!) Not just because he's a doll but I'd like to find out more about what goes on in that strange and funny little furry head of his...
Have booked the cottage for a week and July and am looking forward to using the pool and exploring the area more. It all looks wonderful. But July seems like a long way away so we will be back soon...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 13 fireplaces. Solar-heated, salt water pool with outdoor wood-burning fireplace. Wellness studio with massage rooms, yoga studio, Reiki, readings and transformation coaching. BBQ facilities, complimentary self-guided driving tours, suites with kitchens & wood-burning fireplaces, walk to beach. "A classic Cape Cod inn and spa with the spirit of a small luxury hotel" ~ Road & Travel, 2014 "One of the Top 5 inns on Cape Cod" ~ The Travel Channel, 2015. "Best mid-Cape Inn/B&B" 2008-2016, 9 years! ~ Cape Cod Life. One of the Top 12 pet friendly properties in the World" ~ CNN, 2014. One of New England's best destinations" ~ Yankee Magazine, 2015 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Lamb and Lion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lamb And Lion Hotel Barnstable
- Lamb And Lion Inn Barnstable, MA - Cape Cod