“You should go! Really interesting, educational and fun. ”

Barnstable Village's Ghost Hunter's Tour
Ranked #3 of 7 Tours in Barnstable
Hong Kong, China
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“You should go! Really interesting, educational and fun. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

We had some cloudy days on the cape and looked for alternative things to do in the area. Really happy we found this tour. Derek was a perfect guide. He was well versed, knowledgable and open to anything the group asked. He made it interactive and entertaining. Would have gone even if we had great weather. Went on the three hour tour and happy we picked that option.

Port Richey, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Super Spooky”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

Brought a friend from out of town to see what this tour was all about.
He was interested as he feels he had lived in a few homes that had spirits.
The old Jail was by far the most frightening thing I've ever been in.
The old cemetery was creepy but felt more "alive".
Would love to try it again on a day with better weather.
The walk around town was filled with both facts and stories.
Plenty of time to take pictures and ask questions.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Margaret N
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great and Historic!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

This was an great excursion for all of us, especially for my youngest daughter. Our friendly and personable host provided us with town history and local anecdotes. My youngest daughter caught a glimpse of a real spirit and we saw photos from past experiences. We learned about famous people, visited famous buildings, and (of course) the graveyard. I must say, I truly loved this tour and I would recommend this to anyone who not only likes a good scare, but is interested in the paranormal.

Berkeley, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Very fun way to spent an evening!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

Very cool tour. First of all, take the 3 hr ghost hunter tour if you really wanna have fun, not the 2 hr history tour. Second, Derek was an awesome tour guide and I would definitely want him to be there if I went again.
If you are looking for a guaranteed ghost sighting, save your money and rent a movie. That being said, this is the closest I've ever come to having a verifiable experience. The history of the town is really cool, as are the stories about the various ghosts that haunt the buildings along Old King's Highway. The entire tour is about 1 mile round-trip but you get to sit down about an hour in at the Barnstable House which is also the first interactive part of the tour. Also of note, the tour gets better and better as the sun goes down, so don't quit early. Of course the best parts of the tour are at the end, first the EVP readings in the Hobb Cemetary and the pitch black of the old jail. If you take the 2 hour tour instead of the 3 hr tour you miss the cemetery, which was my favorite part, hence my warning at the beginning of this review. After getting an overview of the where who is buried and where the most hauntings occur, we were left alone in the dark to ask questions to the dead and record everything to try and get EVPs. After the cemetery, is the old jail, which is the oldest wooden jail left in America and is haunted by several ghosts. We spent about 20 mins. in pitch blackness recounting the tales of the various sightings and attempting to get the ghosts to present themselves.
Overall, very cool night and would definitely go again. Great date night adventure for those who don't get scared too easily.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Ryan S
Orlando
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Creepy fun!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Our family went on this tour last night. Derek was our tour guide. We found him knowledgeable, friendly and very passionate about his tours. He told us a lot of interesting history while bringing us to haunted places. Wandering around the cemetery was super scary and the old jail is not for the faint of heart. I definitely recommend this tour for anyone interested in ghosts of Cape Cod.

Visited August 2013